• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

As for how to bend the wood, in PSE 9, I click on FILTER, then DISTORT, then SHEAR. That lets you bend the image however you want.
me.gif
Aha! While GIMP doesn't have that kind of shear option (doesn't sound like a shear to me, anyway), it does have a 'Curve Bend' option in 'Filters > Distorts' which works in a similar way.
I was too busy looking in 'Transformations', which was completely the wrong place. Thanks for the info. :doff

LS dont you thingk that the deck must be more blacker?

Nope.
But... it could do with having divisions which make it look more like planking, rather than being long thin strips which span the entire deck... :cheeky
I'll do that one for you if you like. I know I've already asked a lot from you today. ;)

Nope.
But... it could do with having divisions which make it look more like planking, rather than being long thin strips which span the entire deck... :cheeky
I'll do that one for you if you like. I know I've already asked a lot from you today. ;)

thx
ive ask that because i know you guys want an acurate version of the ships(me and others too)
hope you guys will change a lil bit the deck

Nope.

thx
ive ask that because i know you guys want an acurate version of the ships(me and others too)
hope you guys will change a lil bit the deck

Ugh. Whatever. I'll do it.
modding.gif

Anyway, I've got the stern covered in the new wood texture. What do you think. Like it? Hate it? Suggestions? Improvements?
dunno.gif

[attachment=7269:gm_view 2011-10-02 17-13-10-93.jpg]

chill out LS
it isnt a obligation to change everything
do it if you want
for me your job looks greate anyway :onya

chill out LS
it isnt a obligation to change everything
do it if you want
for me your job looks greate anyway :onya

But the Pearl's my baby. She's gotta be perfect.
william.gif

Anywho, here's some progress shots of the new hull. It's not completely done yet. It kept turning brown in game, so I gave it a slight blue tint to counter that. That seems to be a good rule of thumb with the Pearl: Put a slight blue tint to anything that's supposed to be black, or it will turn brown with the in game lighting.

[attachment=7270:gm_view 2011-10-03 08-18-48-69.jpg] [attachment=7271:gm_view 2011-10-03 08-18-24-16.jpg]

Looks like it might need to be darkened just a tad.

And a couple in-game shots. I just did a side by side and this hull DOES need to be darkened slightly. That's simple enough. Still a few more things to put on the hull, I know.
rolleyes.gif

[attachment=7273:moddingNGINE 2011-10-03 08-28-12-59.jpg] [attachment=7272:moddingNGINE 2011-10-03 08-28-24-74.jpg]

She definitely looks smoother like the real Pearl.

modding.gif
You do realise I offered to do it for you, right? Don't force yourself to do everything just because you want it to be perfect.
I'm a perfectionist too, you know. I hate being one, but I am one nonetheless. :urgh

And a couple in-game shots.
Wow! I told you it would look brilliant. Much smoother and more defined, just like the real thing. :woot

EDIT: one more thing about screenshots, you might want to look at this thread for a way to make the blue sea look more realistic.
It's something we've been working on lately, and it might be nice for you to showcase the result in your screenies. ;)

modding.gif
You do realise I offered to do it for you, right? Don't force yourself to do everything just because you want it to be perfect.
I'm a perfectionist too, you know. I hate being one, but I am one nonetheless. :urgh

Ok you can do it. I really don't want to. lol
rolleyes.gif

And a couple in-game shots.
Wow! I told you it would look brilliant. Much smoother and more defined, just like the real thing. :woot

EDIT: one more thing about screenshots, you might want to look at this thread for a way to make the blue sea look more realistic.
It's something we've been working on lately, and it might be nice for you to showcase the result in your screenies. ;)

I'll check out that water. Here's another screenie fo the hull's progress. Almost done. just need to rough out the edges.

[attachment=7274:Fullscreen capture 1032011 111231 AM.jpg]

Ok here it is. The new completed hull. What do you think?
keith.gif

[attachment=7276:moddingNGINE 2011-10-03 12-21-12-09.jpg] [attachment=7275:moddingNGINE 2011-10-03 12-21-30-78.jpg]

It's definitely a job well done. She looks great! :cheers

I'll handle the deck then. I might also improve the gratings, if you don't mind.
That screenshot you posted before, of the deck from the film, shows how there's some room for improvement.
Can you upload the relevant textures? Otherwise you'll have to merge my work with yours, which is more hassle than necessary.

But these planks, each sailing ship without so do not look so good from my opinion
http://www.domkus.com/blackpearl/blackpearl029.jpg

i mean that i like it more without those lines ive marked with red
Those lines are actually part of the ship. Look at the image Webstarmaier posted above, which shows them well.
Sure enough, they don't look so good as textured-on lines, but the only alternative is to model them onto the hull. I could do that, but only if that's what people want.

i mean , for me i notice to much those lines(i dont know what is youre opinion)
in time can someone send pe the black pearl and qar sails on separated folders. Oh and if could be the both files(TX and NeroPhotoSnapViewer.Files.tga)

It's definitely a job well done. She looks great! :cheers

I'll handle the deck then. I might also improve the gratings, if you don't mind.
That screenshot you posted before, of the deck from the film, shows how there's some room for improvement.
Can you upload the relevant textures? Otherwise you'll have to merge my work with yours, which is more hassle than necessary.

Thanks. Indeed, the grating has been something I was gonna re-do, but if you wanna do it, be my guest. I'll send you the two textures in a PM.

i mean that i like it more without those lines ive marked with red
Those lines are actually part of the ship. Look at the image Webstarmaier posted above, which shows them well.
Sure enough, they don't look so good as textured-on lines, but the only alternative is to model them onto the hull. I could do that, but only if that's what people want.

Like Armada said, those lines are on the real ship. I actually put a heavy shadow on those lines to give them an illusion of 3D. But if you actually wanna model them, go ahead. Just seemed unnecessary to me.

Back