• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Ah crap. Armada, we have a problem.
mybad.gif

The UV map needs to be adjusted for BOTH sides of the rings. Looks like you only did the outside.

[attachment=7320:Fullscreen capture 10162011 15553 PM.jpg] [attachment=7319:Fullscreen capture 10162011 15611 PM.jpg]

Here's some progress. I did the stern and the bow skeleton riding the devil's back. I think the color of the skeleton needs to be tweaked and I'm trying to figure out where the cannon holes on the stern are. You didn't mark it very well.
dunno.gif
But with some guessing, I'll get it eventually.

[attachment=7324:moddingNGINE 2011-10-17 02-47-36-61.jpg] [attachment=7323:moddingNGINE 2011-10-17 02-48-10-95.jpg]

Ah crap. Armada, we have a problem.
mybad.gif

The UV map needs to be adjusted for BOTH sides of the rings. Looks like you only did the outside.
LOL, so I'm the new Houston? xD:

Anyway, I could have sworn I moved the UVs for both sides. Obviously I'll need to check that again...

I'm trying to figure out where the cannon holes on the stern are. You didn't mark it very well.
dunno.gif
But with some guessing, I'll get it eventually.
What, so you didn't see my note: "Approx. position of gunport; leave transparent", plus the black circle...?

Aye, that did the trick!
me.gif

Now you just need to do that bit for the Pearl.
keith.gif

I think I can have the Revenge's textures all done today. Then finally release them!
william.gif

Armada, how do you think the bow skeleton and the stern look? I think I'm gonna thicken the bow skeleton's legs and arms because when seen in the game from a normal view, the body appears to be floating in the air.

They look good to me.:onya I thought there were more skeletons on the bow, though...

They look good to me.:onya I thought there were more skeletons on the bow, though...

There is ONE shot I found of the Revenge docked with 3 skeletons on the Devil's back, but all the rest of the Revenge pics I found, including screenshots from the movie, only show one on the Devil's back. So to be movie-accurate, I went with the the majority. Maybe they took the other two skeletons off during production or something.
dunno.gif

If someone finds me a clear screenshot from the movie showing three instead of one, I'll put the other two on.

Here's the ONE shot I found with three: [attachment=7328:pirates4skullship.JPG.jpeg]

All the others only have one: [attachment=7326:628px-QAR_sailingPromo.jpg] [attachment=7327:5110105120_e196dcf308_o.jpg]

So in the film she has a skeleton I have the movie I will even make pictures

Attachments

• 830px-QARhangingmutineers.jpg
    830px-QARhangingmutineers.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 830px-QAR_bow.JPG
    830px-QAR_bow.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 149
So in the film she has a skeleton I have the movie I will even make pictures

See? Only one on the Devil's back. That must mean they decided to take the other two off during production or whatever.
Alright, alright, I'll let you off this time. :razz

EDIT: about the chains: you want 'em? You model 'em. They're a bit of a pain to do, which is why I've avoided them... :wp

EDIT: about the chains: you want 'em? You model 'em. They're a bit of a pain to do, which is why I've avoided them... :wp

I don't want them that bad. lol
razz.gif

I think all that's needed now is the bit on the Pearl I showed you earlier, and then the yards. And we should be done!
rolleyes.gif

But you can be sure I'll go over both ships with a fine-toothed comb before release. lol
icon_wink.gif

Right, time to make a special effort to get these ships done. I'll start on the Pearl right this minute and then get the yards sorted... :dance
The end of the project is so close, I can almost touch it!

Let's make it clear before people ask: it's likely we'll release the ships without the modified crew walk files initially.
It will take more time to make and test the walk files, and the ships are perfectly playable without them, so the files will be added at a later date.

EDIT: here it is! Hopefully the final update before release... http://www.pyratesah...QAR_updates2.7z
I've remapped the Pearl's stern section by the gunports so that you can add the extra details properly; see the UV guidelines for the 'Stern' and 'Port/starboard' sections you should use.
This change also makes the stern more accurate, as it now has the same stripe across the upper section as the sides do (you'll see what I mean on the model).

The yards on both ships have also been corrected (though it would be best for you to test them; my fixes are all 'in theory' at the moment).

One more thing: I still have the Pearl's deck texture to polish off, but since it's such a minor detail, there's no point holding up the ship's release.
I'll upload the finished texture once it's done, same as the walk files.

I think when I release the textures, I will not only release them, but the models too. That way people will have the current versions with all the tweaks and stuff and they won't need to scroll through this thread to get all the updates. It's been almost 2 months, but we're finally so close to being done!
w00t.gif

That's the general idea, yes. Release the complete package for people to install easily. :cheers
We'll need to remind people of the installation instructions originally posted for the ships, too.

EDIT: oh yeah, one more thing: the belfry now uses a darker texture, which is also used by the Endeavour, to better match the rest of the Pearl.

That's the general idea, yes. Release the complete package for people to install easily. :cheers
We'll need to remind people of the installation instructions originally posted for the ships, too.

EDIT: oh yeah, one more thing: the belfry now uses a darker texture, which is also used by the Endeavour, to better match the rest of the Pearl.

Yeah I noticed you messed up a few of my colors. lol Like the QAR deck for example and the Pearl cannons. I'll have to fix all that in the HEX thingy.

Ah crap. Another problem with the QAR. The sail on the mizzen and the sail on the bowspirit are not present.
mybad.gif

The yards on the bowspirit aren't supposed to move, right? Because if they are, they're not.

[attachment=7332:moddingNGINE 2011-10-17 20-50-55-22.jpg]

Back