• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Well damn. I made a second patched sail texture, but most of the sails are still the first one. Is there any way assign the two to textures to specific sails, or is the best that can be done?
dunno.gif

ENGINE 2011-11-29 12-15-53-55.jpg ENGINE 2011-11-29 12-15-58-45.jpg

By the way, how do the sails look? I modified FKWOLF55's design for the first set of patched sails and made my own for the second one using a pic from the movie as reference.

I'm guessing that's the best that can be done, which actually looks fine to me. :onya
The sails themselves look great! One thing though, I don't remember the patches looking that bright in contrast with the sails; are they meant to be like that?

Yeah I was thinking that. It's an easy fix. They definitely stand out in the shot below, but I think I over-did it.
razz.gif

Sea_Fight_Isla_Cruces_2.png

I was thinking that too; the contrast makes them stand out very much indeed.

Armada, do you know how the sail textures get assigned? I think it's a locator thing in the GM file, but I never knew the specifics.

I'll fix the patched sails in a minute. Right now I'm trying to transfer Armada's holes from the cursed sails to my new sail canvas. I did it once before using GIMP, but I forgot how. lol I'm trying to remember how to do it.
readon.gif

Never mind. Got it sorted out.
me.gif
I figured out how to transfer Armada's holes from the cursed sails to a new canvas.

Definitely does look better! I wonder what happens if you swap two patched texture files around. The L-shaped patch looks rather distinct to me and a bit odd in my eyes when repeated on so many sails.
The other sail doesn't look so distinct to me, so it might be worth a quick try?

Definitely does look better! I wonder what happens if you swap two patched texture files around. The L-shaped patch looks rather distinct to me and a bit odd in my eyes when repeated on so many sails.
The other sail doesn't look so distinct to me, so it might be worth a quick try?

Yes, Master.
bow.gif
lol

One was made by FKWOLF555. The other was made by me copying the patch layout on the actual Pearl's sails.

There. I switched them. How does that look?

Perhaps I need to adjust the hue of the hull slightly. In the movies, the hull and sails are close to the same color.

ENGINE 2011-11-30 00-56-03-82.jpg ENGINE 2011-11-30 00-56-09-52.jpg

Definitely looks less repetitive to my eyes. :onya

Yes, Master.
bow.gif
lol
:wp
I just thought it would be a small change that could serve some potentially large improvement.
If I really wanted to request a LOT from you, I'd ask you to make another Wicked Wench texture with the colour scheme from the PotC ride! But that IS asking a bit much and I like our colour scheme better anyway. :razz

This being my first and favorite ship in game, I was wondering...this new version, is she already included in GOF 1.1.2? She's looking veryyyyy interesting!!! :sail

No, she's not included in the GoF modpack. We (read: Legendary Spider and Armada) are still working on the finishing touches on the PotC version. Once she's done, I'm sure she'll be included in CoAS too.

Definitely looks less repetitive to my eyes. :onya

Yes, Master.
bow.gif
lol
:wp
I just thought it would be a small change that could serve some potentially large improvement.
If I really wanted to request a LOT from you, I'd ask you to make another Wicked Wench texture with the colour scheme from the PotC ride! But that IS asking a bit much and I like our colour scheme better anyway. :razz

I could actually do that. I was tossing it around anyway.
keith.gif
Wouldn't be much of a hassle really.

So I take it you like this arrangement of patched sails better?

LS, your new patched sails look pretty much perfect now! And nice work merging the cursed sails! :cheers

Just don't go mad making yet another new hull texture as per Pieter's suggestion. Or, if you DO make one, I think it should remain as an optional extra.

Armada, do you know how the sail textures get assigned? I think it's a locator thing in the GM file, but I never knew the specifics.
I have no idea, unfortunately. There might be a link somewhere in the locators, but I don't know where to start. :shrug

Back