• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Black Pearl deck

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
This is a long standing issue that is almost but not quite maybe fixed. The main deck appears to be missing its textures, but the other decks are fine.

One other thing is that after capturing the Black Pearl all the lower fight decks are black on all ships.
Beta3 2014-11-09 03-12-21-27.jpg

Is that second issue you mention only while using the Black Pearl as player ship?
Or even when you sail a different ship?

I don't recall seeing the blank deck before. But I did report the black decks some time ago. If I remember correctly, it happens on all ships, the exception being in the captain's cabin if it is not the same type as that on the Black Pearl. I think the dark decks still appeared even if I'd switched to Sovereign of the Seas when I was on my way to attack a fort.

The black decks SHOULD be limited to only when you are sailing the Black Pearl yourself.
If they show up even when you use a different ship, then something is seriously wrong.

Then there are two other things at play here:

1. The black decks check should take into account which ship is being boarded. Clear it doesn't now.

2. The 1-vs-1 boarding decks never had the black deck textures made for them. So I have to adapt those to just never be black in the first place.
Would be nicer if one of the two ships would be black, but that can't be done without remapping those locations with Maya, so that isn't going to happen.

Need a Savegame somewhere near the very end ofthe standard storyline.
That way we can finally fix those Black Pearl boarding deck texture issues.

If you have Silehard as prisoner, even better. Then we can see about that Governor dialog at the very end.

I just looked into this a tiny little bit and this is definitely not intended to happen.
Perhaps the texture attributes are "lingering on" when they shouldn't, which messes things up.

Did I understand correctly also that ALL ships get messed up AFTER the Black Pearl boarding? That would indeed support that suggestion.

Attached files go into PROGRAM\Loc_ai . These should ensure that the black decks apply ONLY when they are called for and not EVER else.
So hopefully that will fix it properly this time.

Attachments

• BlackPearlDeckTextureFix.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 74
Last time I played "Tales of a Sea Hawk" was under Beta 3.1, and yes, after I'd captured the Black Pearl, all ship decks from then on were black. The only exceptions were cabins, presumably because there is no black version of other cabins than the one used by the Black Pearl.

In that case, I have high hopes the above might fix it properly this time. Pretty please.....?

Will consider this fixed unless it is reported again in the future.
I really don't see how that might be possible, so we should be good. :cheeky

Back