• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Black Pearl: Floating Crewmen

Lazy

Landlubber
The problem can be seen in the picture below:

Screenshot

The crewmen walking on the Pearl aren't really nailed down to the ship itself xD

Not entirely sure if this was already reported or if people just decided to ignore it but if there's a way to fix this by myself I would appreciate if someone shared it. :)

@The Nameless Pirate; do you know if a proper crew walk file was ever made for the AoP/CoAS?

Converting from those games back to PotC is relatively easy.
But the other way, I believe not so much...

Well I stayed up all night yesterday reading how to fix it myself and I managed to pull through!

It looks better and they actually look like they're walking on the ship now. Although I did use the sailorspoints given away in this other thread and edited it because it also has the same problem of floating crewmen. xD

I attached the sailorspoints file just in case someone else wants it because floating crewmen isn't exactly immersive lol.

Attachments

• BlackPearl1.ini
    3.8 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
@The Nameless Pirate; do you know if a proper crew walk file was ever made for the AoP/CoAS?
I made one when I ported the Black Pearl from NH to TEHO, it should also work in CT/COAS.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Black Pearl mod in my signature.

Converting from those games back to PotC is relatively easy.
But the other way, I believe not so much...
Nah, from what I remember it is just as easy.
The same tool is used for both procedures. ;)

http://www.piratesahoy.net/cloud/re...Files/PotC-AoP Walk Files Conversion Tool.rar

Well I stayed up all night yesterday reading how to fix it myself and I managed to pull through!

It looks better and they actually look like they're walking on the ship now. Although I did use the sailorspoints given away in this other thread and edited it because it also has the same problem of floating crewmen. xD

I attached the sailorspoints file just in case someone else wants it because floating crewmen isn't exactly immersive lol.
Good work! :cheers

I made one when I ported the Black Pearl from NH to TEHO, it should also work in CT/COAS.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Black Pearl mod in my signature.

Nah, from what I remember it is just as easy.
The same tool is used for both procedures. ;)

http://www.piratesahoy.net/cloud/repository/Tools/ShipWalkFiles/PotC-AoP Walk Files Conversion Tool.rar

Good work! :cheers
Thanks I'll check it out! Just checking, is there a way to port the curse Black Pearl from the PoTC vanilla game to CoAS? The closest I can find in my current GOF mod (ver 1.0) is the Light Frigate which is a retexture of the Black Pearl Frigate

Hello, thought I might put this issue here,
CAS Game 30_11_2020 9_37_48 PM.png
I recently captured a 28 gunned frigate, overall it looks good, very elegant. However, the gun decks are inaccessible. There is clearly a ladder leading down and my crew on deck walk up and down on it freely. Is there a way to remove that "invisible barrier"?

Also, could someone link to me the thread for porting ships over? I also require the Black Pearl frigate files from PoTC so that I can port it into CoAS

I cant figure out how to successfully install/implement this. could anyone help a noob out? lol

Edit: nvm I found the SAILORSPOINTS file in my game directory.

Last edited:
Back