• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl or Flying dutchman

When is Amsterdam sunk? In "Help the Turks Island Settlement", after fighting the Spanish, he tells you that it is damaged and he doesn't want to risk putting it to sea until it's been repaired. This is why you need to take him to Tortuga. Later on, you may find him at Kralendijk.

So the reason why the Amsterdam was chosen as Pieter Boelen's ship in that quest, is to give a humourous explanation as to why it sank on the English Channel later on?

Is there any special trick to board the Black Pearl during the Tales of a Sea Hawk? It is a rather fast ship.

The Black Pearl shouldn't be boarded anyway. It was smart for the original game not to allow it - they're supposed to be unkillable.

You can't board the Black Pearl until you use the glowy ball from the temple. That makes the crew vulnerable.

The original game only used the glowy ball to reduce the Black Pearl's HP to make it easier to sink. You didn't even need to use it if you'd boarded the big man'o'war in the earlier battle because that thing had enough firepower to sink the Black Pearl even with its full HP.

Of course, if you don't want to board the Black Pearl, you don't have to. Just pound it to matchwood as you would in the original game. ;)

I've just played the quest Help the Turks Island Settlement and noticed, that Pieter Boelen is captain of the Amsterdam. But if that one sunk, why would he want a ship with such a miserable fate?
He is me.
Or, at least, @Bartolomeu o Portugues' interpretation of me.

And I want her because she's happily alive and floating today and has been all my life:

Such a BEAUT!
Why wouldn't I want her?
I basically grew up on her decks.

Don't let these nutters convince you otherwise:
She's SO NICE! :love

(I'm so sorry, my dear Atlantis! But you always knew this from the start... :8q )

So the reason why the Amsterdam was chosen as Pieter Boelen's ship in that quest, is to give a humourous explanation as to why it sank on the English Channel later on?
Don't think Bartolomeu made any deliberate references to the unfortunate and mysterious events of 1749.
But despite the wreckage, I have it on expert authority that time travel, science and magic may have been involved back then.

And I can assure you that right now today, "MY" ship is NOT sunk.
Nor MY actual boat "Atlantis", which I confirmed happily afloat only this weekend.

Back