• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl

ImanosgrI

Sailor Apprentice
I can't find the black pearl in coas.Is there a way to start with it or find it?I search in ships_init but i cant find a way to enable the encounter(true or false)...how can i get it?

I can't find the black pearl in coas.Is there a way to start with it or find it?I search in ships_init but i cant find a way to enable the encounter(true or false)...how can i get it?
To enable the ship to be encounterable go to Ship_Init file and go to what ever ship you wish to edit and search for these lines of code. And change the true or false to what ever you want ie true means you will encounter them in merchant and/or military fleets.
Code:
refship.Type.Merchant				= false;
refship.Type.War				= true;
To start off with the Black Pearl go to RPGUtilite located in Age of Pirates 2\Program\characters and change this line of code.
Code:
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_LUGGER + rand(2) - 1), 0);

to
Code:
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_BLACKPEARL), 0);

Save the files and start a new game to see yourself in comand of the Black Pearl from the start. :onya

thanks a lot Luke...now how can i get the black pearl sails????

No Problem bud. :onya

Sails i can't answer but someone will help you out soon enough, i think you have to edit some texture file(s) but i could be wrong. ;)

Sails I can answer by posting a link ;)

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14330-two-mod-requests/page__view__findpost__p__339517

Which Black Pearl do you have (the one I posted just the files for have the sails included I think but not sure about the other ones)
I have the pearl from B14A10 but this link is for dutchman sails i have change the dutchman sails but with diferent way...i need instructions for the pearl.the pearl dont have this line in ships_init.c
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_common_torn.tga"; i have put it by myself but did not work....what i have to do????

The sails need to be in the folder and then adding that line will make it have them (needs a new game) ;)

So copy the file: Sail_BlackPearl.tga (cursed) or sail_whole_black_patch1.tga from RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/Sails (Build Mod) into RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/ (CoAS)

Then add this line to the ships_init.c
Code:
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_BlackPearl.tga";
save, load up the game, start a new game and wola

i put the Sail_BlackPearl.tga into RESOURCE/Textures/Ships and add this line in pearl directory
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_BlackPearl.tga";

Back