• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Black screen after embarking my ship

Corax8

Landlubber
Hi!
I recently found out about this mod and been enjoying it very much but several times I've encountered bug that is very annoying and I couldn't find any solution to it.
This bug occured to me after doing anything in shipyard. First time it happened after I repaired my ship in Nevis. I went to port and rowing boat was gone, so I fast traveled to my ship directly and pressed "Sea" and after that my screen went black. Despite that I could open F1 and F2 menus. I told myself that I don't need to repair my ship in ports so I could avoid this bug but eventually I wanted to buy new ship and black screen happened again. I tried to reinstall but it did nothing.
I use Build 14 with post_25May_updates_130121.
My computer:
Win10 64bit
i5-9600KF @ 3.7Ghz
RTX 2080
32GB RAM

Attachments

• port.png
    port.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
  • ship.png
    ship.png
    2 MB · Views: 208
  • black.png
    black.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 206
  • compile.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 192
  • system.log
    910 bytes · Views: 202
  • error.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 188
  • -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port.rar
    8.5 MB · Views: 197
Quite a bit of stuff there in error.log; relates to:
Code:
bool CheckForReload()
{
   ref mchref = GetMainCharacter();
   if (sti(GetReloadMapAttrib(FindLoadedLocation(), chrWaitReloadLocator, "disable")) == true) return false;
   string go = GetReloadMapAttrib(FindLoadedLocation(), chrWaitReloadLocator, "go");
   if (go == "") return false;
   //int islandidx = GetCharacterCurrentIsland(mchref);
   if (GetIslandIDByLocationID(Locations[FindLoadedLocation()].id) == go && CheckAttribute(mchref, "location.from_sea") == true && Locations[FindLocation(mchref.location.from_sea)].island != go) return false;
   if (chrWaitReloadLocator != "" || CheckAttribute(mchref, "fakereload.locator")) return true;
   if (go != "") return true;
   return false;
}
And:
Code:
    if(CheckForReload()) // KK //MAXIMUS
   {
       bUseCommand = true;
       objLandInterface.Commands.OutDoor.enable = true;
   }
Never saw that before... :shock

@Grey Roger, do you reckon this 13 Jan 2021 savegame should work also in the 8 Oct 2020 release?

Specifically, the line causing all the errors is line 1121:
Code:
if (GetIslandIDByLocationID(Locations[FindLoadedLocation()].id) == go && CheckAttribute(mchref, "location.from_sea") == true && Locations[FindLocation(mchref.location.from_sea)].island != go) return false;
The first couple of errors report an invalid index there. Everything else is a result of this line in function 'CheckForReload' failing.

@Grey Roger, do you reckon this 13 Jan 2021 savegame should work also in the 8 Oct 2020 release?
Should do - I don't think anything which would break a savegame has changed or been added since October.

Also seen in "system.log":
Code:
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: radeon8500sea
That's been reported before, though usually connected to the game crashing or going black screen right away, not just after repairing or selling a ship.

One thought:
@Corax8: delete the file "options" which you'll find in the top level of the game installation folder (same place as you found the log files). This sometimes gets corrupted, resulting in various weirdness. This problem certainly counts as "weirdness". o_O

Thank you for quick responses.
I deleted options file and it didn't help

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.9 KB · Views: 164
  • error.log
    175 bytes · Views: 157
  • system.log
    847 bytes · Views: 158
So I just updated my game to the latest version and tried it. seadogs2_0000.jpg (Standard Storyline, Barbados Shipyard)
Everything seems to be working fine on my end although I did have an error.log but I did some sketchy stuff so idk if that was it. Lol xD

Anyway, @Corax8 try reinstalling the game like this. Just do steps 1-3 and the rest if applicable.

Attachments

• compile.log
    222.3 KB · Views: 159
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 173
  • system.log
    4.4 KB · Views: 179
I agree - @Corax8, please try re-installing the game. I tried loading your savegame into my game, which showed it as an incompatible save. "compile.log" said this:
Code:
INCOMPATIBLE SAVE: -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port. December 17th, 1660 is compatible with 14.941
That means the savegame thinks it belongs in the May 2018 version, which is the game with the latest installer but without the additional updates. So there seems to be something odd about your installation.

Well, I reinstalled whole game and followed @DavyJack instructions and it's still the same. But I think that it's just corrupted save or something like that because in other campaigns shipyard works normally.
And about that save incompatibility @Grey Roger, before posting here I once reinstalled mod and forgot to apply latest patch but when I installed it the first time I did it correctly so I don't think it could be the cause of the problem.

Attachments

• compile.log
    11.2 KB · Views: 152
  • error.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 170
  • system.log
    1 KB · Views: 162
  • -=Player=- Martinique.rar
    9 MB · Views: 158
Ah yes, that might be it. Every time you reinstall the game, it is usually recommended to start a new game. Well, glad it's working for you now. :dance

Back