• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Screen After Loading

MDA

Landlubber
i Always get a black screen after loading but F1,F2 still work like normal , i install SwiftShader too but still the same problem
so it's missed texture or what ?
* i install the game and the build full/light correctly

i'm using build14 beta2.2 , i try the old version build 14 beta1 + patch 6 work without problem

, thanks so much for great mod
my best wishes

Ahoy and welcome! :ahoy

What are your computer specifications, including Windows version? You only need SwiftShader if using a laptop with Intel graphics.
There are some tips in the FAQ here which may help you to figure out what's wrong. If you're still stuck, please read the third post in the FAQ to find out how to enable Error Logging, start the game and quit once the black screen appears, then post the error logs here.

ahoy!!!:ahoy

first thanks for useful replies :)

sec:
my home pc kinda old
94145552.png

but i try the build 14 beta 1 and it's work and i can save and load too
my windows version is win.xp sp2 , i read the F&Q, i check everything

yes i can get into config.exe .. i try safe mode and sound off and change resolution ,
i can play new game without any problem in screen ....

i get the black screen when i load player savegame only

What kind of video card does it have? Nvidia, ATI, or Intel?

About the black screen with a save. It could be a problem with your video card drivers and corrupted saves. I sometimes get a screen with many textures missing, and the only way I can get it working again is to keep going back one save at a time until I get a good one.
Then work my way forward again. I have an ATI video card.

thank u very much ... finally i knew what the problem is.

corrupted saves... yeah it's happen with me in the old build sometimes, most of them in the sea so it's better to save the game on ground

just a useful note when u get problem with config file after setup the build mod then i advice u to copy the original config to another place and after build14 2.2 setup place it again it's will work too

cya.... going to test it and will back
my best wishes

Back