• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Black Screen After Video Opening Sequence

Blaze Devlin

Sailor
Storm Modder
:ahoy

I remember when I played many years ago SD:COAS (version 1.3 vanilla) on a PC DVD disc, right after the video opening sequence used to be appearing a so called "Age of Pirates 2" logo screen. Which is not the case with my new SD:COAS download at Steam. Instead, a black empty screen appears just before the main menu introduces itself...

I post here a picture example of the former original in-game screen that appeared before:

AOP II 01.jpg

So, as far I remember, I had back in those days Win XP or Win 7 OS. Now I`ve got Win 10 OS installed on my PC. Is this missing pop up screen problem occurs because I having an other OS or other monitor resolution, than I had before? Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Well I can live with this little missing part, because the game starts still properly. Of course it would be good if I could fix this. Just for a bit more entertainment and to get a better feel right before the game begins...

Thanks again and may the good wind be with you!!

:ship

I recall some people had issues with video playback in these games.
Simple solution/workaround was to delete/rename the RESOURCE\VIDEOS folder.

hi i finished playing coas and i have to tell you that the original game made me damn .. it was constantly crashing not to mention bugs and crashes. I solved it by installing gof 2.0 on coas..it is another world the game has improved a lot and finally obviously helping me here on the forum to do the missions I had a lot of fun..I recommend using GoF if you don't want to go crazy and enjoy the game until the end...
now I play with it from time to time even if I got drunk by this crazy crew playing SDNH and I must tell you that these guys did a crazy job .. then if you can find the file with the language in Italian as well I would avoid go crazy with google translator .. hello and good life

@Pieter Boelen: I already found the solution for my issue. Just had to download my SD:COAS version from my PC DVD and then replace / copy the file "Title" in the folder you mentioned above. Now it works fine!

@Cannon_Ball: Hello. Nice to meet you here! Yes, I understand what you mean. For some years ago, I made a download for playing GOF 2.0. But as far as I remeber was the download file quite large and time consumig. Recently I decided to making a download for SD:COAS on Steam. My plan is to make as many bug fixes and small mods as possible, to make the whole game a bit more stable. By the way, soon I`ll move over to SD:TEHO. Lots of new adventures and challenges awaiting me... Wishing you all the best!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Back