• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Black Screen Upon Capturing New Grand Turk

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
I tried to take Grand Turk for my own town. I toke the fort, when I was going
to the city, the result was a black screen. Log says: Boarding: Boarding location not loaded, current loc <BOARDING_Town>

Attachments

• compile.log
    117 KB · Views: 82
  • error.log
    22.2 KB · Views: 86
  • system.log
    1 MB · Views: 72
Hmm, something important missing there. My to-do-list is getting longer and longer. :read

Can't check the log files right now, but did you create the town capture boarding locator file?

Hmm, something important missing there. My to-do-list is getting longer and longer. :read
This seems to be the culprit:
Code:
resource\models\locations\Town_GrandTurk\Port\Margarita_locatorsb.gm: can't open geometry file
The file in the game is called "Margarita_lb.gm" so it is probably a quick fix to rename it from that to the one the game actually expects.

While by far most towns have an "_lb.gm" file, the game determines that name by taking the regular locator file name and appending "b.gm" (for "boarding").
So if the regular locator file is called "_locators" instead of "_l", the town capture boarding locators need to be renamed like that too. :facepalm

I tried to take Grand Turk for my own town. I toke the fort, when I was going
to the city, the result was a black screen. Log says: Boarding: Boarding location not loaded, current loc <BOARDING_Town>
@Levis: Please have a look at those log files; PLENTY of scary Levelling-related errors in there! :shock

Then we'll just need confirmation if that does indeed solve the problem.

Margarita_locatorsb.gm

See the code section a few posts up for the full path if you can't find it.

No! it wont work! I still got this message: Boarding location not loaded, current loc <BOARDING_Town>
Isn`t it right what I have done:

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 72
I think you called it .gm.gm now which is a bit double. Try to remove the first...

@Pieter Boelen I think those errors reappear because you changed some of the things I did to the loading order etc.
Will look at it. But characters missing theire rank and experience shouldn't happen.
Might also be because we clear fantom characters more now...

:facepalmOh! yes! Well after some renaming it finally work, the town is mine:guns:
So renaming the file officially works as a fix? Excellent! :cheers

@Pieter Boelen I think those errors reappear because you changed some of the things I did to the loading order etc.
Will look at it. But characters missing theire rank and experience shouldn't happen.
Might also be because we clear fantom characters more now...
The ONLY fantom characters that are being cleared are the captains that I had to fix to prevent them from being considered "dead".

Anyway, if you think it helps, we could try putting your changes to the initialization order back in.
Undoing that gave the impression of having solved that "dead captain CTD" for a while, but now we know that was completely unrelated after all.
As they always say, "correlation does not always mean causation" and in this case indeed it did not. :facepalm

Back