• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Blackjack Fix

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Somethings which really annoyed me in the game was the face that in blackjack the ace only counted for 11 while it should also count for 1. This mod fixes that.
I don't know what the regulation are for releasing something like such a small fix but I guess I will be told now ;). Should I have placed this in the POTC Moddeling subforum?
The fix is made round row 1585 I tried to comment it so you understand what happens.

I tested it and it seems to work but please let me know if there are any problems.

Files:
\PROGRAM\INTERFACE\gamble.c
\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\Habitue_dialog.h
\RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\interface_strings.txt

Attachments

• BLACKJACK_FIX_1_3.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Are the rules for blackjack before the same as the rules today?

well 'cause you know today:
e.g. if you get like an Ace and a Nine, you should get a soft twenty and a ten (10/20) ... and so on..
same like the rule you mentioned..ah not to mention the 5-card-charlie.hehehe :thumbs1 :cheeky

Last edited:
All the other pirate games I played have the ace be a 1 or 11.
And according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackjack) the previous verion of blackjack (21) also had the ace being a 1 or 11

Well, I really don't know 'bout that..it says many rule variations of blackjack exist. :shrug
..let's just wait for what the others would have to say..

anyway, I like the idea that the ace being a 1 or 11 is to be included in the rules in the game. :onya
Its just that for me, I also want the game to be historically accurate and correct. :read:checklist :yes

btw if someone knows more "bugs" in the games let me know.
I believe I noticed the replace card function doesn't work in blackjack also. But I first have to look up how the rules where in the past. If you where allowed to change a card etc. I don't think I will be able to add the split function to it. But maybe when I have more time I could add it also.

Edit: seems changing cards isn't allowed so I need to disable that. I will try to add double-down, where you can increase your bet.

btw if someone knows more "bugs" in the games let me know.
These are the ones I've got on our long-term To-Do list:
"Guns Still Loading" sound
Musket/Musketoon on back

Hail Ship Mod

After self dialog
Check all instances of GetRMRelation for ENABLE_FLAGS
Relations between soldier and officer AI groups
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/boarding-issues.20602/
Captain of enemy vessel sometimes not lootable
Wine/Rum: Martinique tavern + negative effects
Non-soldier boarder models on nation ships
Level 99 weapons in Fast Equip
Double-check Merchant's Guild
"Auto Save Upon Entering/Exiting Worldmap Mode and Land Locations" mod
Update weather system to use location of storms + trade winds

I admit that's not the clearest wording, but I wrote it for myself. If you're interested in any of the above, let me know and I'll explain further.

yup we really need a bugtracker :p.
I will look for a butracker soon so things like this can be added there.

Would indeed be good. Using the forum for it is fine when it's just me doing things by my own; but it is hardly ideal. :facepalm

Don't forget to add this one to the next version of the modpack to. I think you forgot it in the installer

It will be added for sure. I just haven't updated the installer yet.

Okay no problem.
Btw here is a new version. It also disables the card changing in blackjack, cause it shouldn't be there. Haven't got the double up working yet.
Still put it in: PROGRAM\INTERFACE

Okay you can now also use "Double up" in blackjack.
If you are feeling lucky about your hand click the bet icon to double your bet. You will only get 1 more card. then its your oponents turn.
I also fixed the helpstring for blackjack which wasn't there.
Also fixed a bug in the previous version where it sometimes generated errors.
Files:
\PROGRAM\INTERFACE\gamble.c
\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\Habitue_dialog.h
\RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\interface_strings.txt

Attachments

• BLACKJACK_FIX_1_3.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 92
Back