• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Blacksmith not able to upgrade a lot of blades at once to excellent

Wolve

Sailor
Ahoi!
I tried to upgrade a bunch of blades to excellent at once at the blacksmith. However, I only could upgrade them to 'fine', because 'excellent' would be too expensive. I checked the price per blade to upgrade from fine to excellent and the amount of blades I had and it would cost me 30500 gold to upgrade them all. Currently I have over 8 million, so it should definitly not be too expensive.
Anyone else having this issue?

Blacksmith repairs are, by default, paid out of PERSONAL WEALTH and not the regular crew fund.
There is a toggle on that in InternalSettings.h, if I recall.

If that doesn't explain it, provide a savegame at that blacksmith.
Different blacksmiths offer different kinds of deals.

#define BLACKSMITH_PAY_OUT_WEALTH 0 // BOOL - Set to 1 to pay the blacksmith from your personal wealth; set to 0 to pay him from the party's money

That's what in there atm. So it should take the party's money (also my personal wealth is over 500 000, so that should cover it as well).
It is at the BS at Kralendijk (save included).

Attachments

• -=Player=- Bonaire.rar
    795.4 KB · Views: 106
Ok, someone will need to check. Won't be before Tuesday though.

I believe not all blacksmiths will do a bulk repair up to "Excellent" quality. In particular, looking at the dialog files, I don't think the Kralendijk one should even be offering a bulk repair to "Excellent".

Yes thats true! Some Blacksmiths only only repairs one at time, some will do a bulk reparations
only up to fine and a few blacksmiths will do it all the way up to excellent.

Aaaah ok, that might explain something. I thought all Blacksmiths would work the same.
Since he would let me upgrade a bunch of blades till fine quality I thought it was a bug.

Oh, you never got the dialog option for it? I thought you did, but you didn't get the chance to confirm due to money reasons.

In that case, indeed it is intentional. All blacksmiths are a bit different.
Some can do things that others can't, some are slow, some are expensive.
There is an old post of mine on the forum that explains it, but I can't look it up right now.

Anyway, Not a Bug it is then.

"PROGRAM\Characters\init\Douwesen.c" shows that the Kralendijk blacksmith uses dialog file "Blacksmith_dialog.c". That file has the option for "MakeAllExcellent" in case "RepairAllBlades" commented out.

Polishing a blade up to "Excellent" quality is a significant piece of craftsmanship, not something to be done lightly on a production line basis. Lesser quality is relatively easy: a bit of hammering, sharpening and polishing, done. "Excellent" means he's concentrating all out to make this sword as good as it can possibly be, which is why most of them will only offer to bring a single weapon up to "excellent" status. It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D

Back