• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Blade ratings

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Can someone explain the blade ratings to me. I get the min/max damage ratings identify the number of hit points. I am just not clear how the piercing and blocking percentages figure in.

Thanks

This is just my opinion.

The piercing value is about how effective a sword is in the attack. Rapiers generally have higher values than Cutlasses here because that is what they are designed for.

Blocking is just that. How well a sword does in blocking the opponents attack. I used to load up on Shamshir's in the weapons locker because of their high damage ratings until I started noticing that most of my dead crewmen were using them. They are useless in defense.

I get the general idea I was wondering if there is some multiplyer or other formula.

Sorry. I saw a chart somewhere around here a few months ago that showed all the weapons and their ratings. I don't know how those ratings were achieved.

initItems.c contains the Build-correct values.
The formula that makes use of them is somewhere in LAi_fightparams.c, I think...

I am back home, yes, but my laptop's still dead, so I'm not as "back" as I'd like.

Back