• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Blue bird bug

mmm

Landlubber
So i've been doing this quest and i followed the walkthrough but at the end where im supposed to meet the crew nothing happens.
Anyone got an idea what's up?

When you get Back to Bermuda you MUST:
1. Talk to Master Alexis in Shipyard about the dungeon and get the quest update about that being the wrong idea.
2. Land on the Shore of the Broken Washbasin and travel to the cave.
3. Where you entered the cave you MUST follow the wall on your right into a passage with a torch and stalagmites.
When you are in the correct spot, you will get a message "Oh! I hear some noise..."
Note: You may land at either shore (it is just easier to get you into the correct position more easily this way)
4. Return to beach and HARD SAVE and quick save. When you go onto your ship you will be in combat and you will
want to wind blowing toward the enemy ship for max closing ability.

In order to defeat the "Black Bird", you must have :
  • a full crew (at least 120+ men) as the blue bird crew his 120 men well trained.
  • a big load of Chain shot and Grape shot
  • a big load of weapons (enough to equip your boarding crew).
  • a bunch of healing potions (cause the fight will be thought).
Try to damage the sails of this ship to reduce his speed (and if you can, reduce it to no move).
Then approach it (but take care of his deadly blow of his canon) and try to reduce it crew with grape shot.
Then board it and kill this crew.
Then you can keep her cause she is a nice ship and a serious opponent for almost all ships except Corvette, Frigate and ships over the class 4 ships.

Blue or black bird?

I remember that once I was trying to finish this quest. I had got frigate, whole filled by crew and I couldn't gain that ship...

Your right, it's Blue Bird (i had rename her after it's capture !)...
And, even with a larger ship, it's hard to capture that ship.

It's crew is one of the thoughest i ever seen in the game.
She's pretty fast and her only weakness it's her sail !
So, you have to damage the sail to nullify it's speed and try to damage with the grape shot how many men you can on the deck before board it !

Even with a corvette, it will hard to compete with it.

Last edited:
Enough?
Even warships surrender.

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.jpg
    Bez tytułu.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 120
Perhaps, this quest is not as balanced as it should.
But, you can defeat this crew with a lot of training and many restart of this fight.

One tips :
I had notice that the ship after several shot try to flee and it may hit the cliff along the beach and that destroy it's sails and stop the ship. Try to board him has fast you can and avoid combat canon, if you can.

Hmm. You got me interested in this quest and I just completed it. I used the English galleon Revenge.
start 2015-01-03 15-23-32-35.jpg

Tell me one thing.
How is it possible that I still see some new ships that I've not seen so far, in your pictures?

Did you add some new ships to game aside from these which GOF is offering?

I am playing the GOF2.5 hi supermod. I have tinkered with things like sails but have added no new ships. I added a lot of new ships from POTC a long time ago when GOF2 was still being worked on, but nothing new has been added in quite some time.

The ships in my fleet were all captured in battles. The Revenge was an English ship and methinks both the Black Pearl and La Licorne were Pirate ships.

So I understand this supermod is only for GOF 2.5, right?
Isn't there any chance to do it with GOF 2.0.4 ?

As I understand it the Supermod is GOF2 with some other things added. As far as the ships are concerned they seem to be the same. In fact the only difference I can see is the added music packs. I see the same ships in GOF2 as I see in GOF 2.5.

Ok, good to know it. I just wonder because I've never seen a few ships which were in your photos.

Do you have GMViewer? It shows all the ships in the game. For instance, this is the Constitution in GOF2 along with the path to get both it and the textures for it.
GMVIEWER Connie.jpg

No, I haven't got it.
Send me link to download if you can because I tried to find something and I haven't found so far.

Thank you guys. Everything's fine but I notice I haven't seen many ships in my game. I've never seen HMS Victory, English galleon Revange and others.

Why the whole ship is grey in this program?

In the screenie I posted, look at the tree in the middle left for the path to the textures for the ship you are looking at. They are in hull1, hull2, hull3.

Back