• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug blue bird quest GOF ERAS

Mouelhy

Landlubber
when i try to board the blue bird, as soon as i enter the captain's cabin, the quest log changes to i have failed my mission i couldn't keep up with the blue bird, even if i sink it after plundering it, or assign an officer and try to sell it.

I am using the same GOF ERAS mod and did not have this bug occur.
I think this is a anomaly in coding from the developers.
Try reloading the game from a previous save point BEFORE the cave, and try using only ONE SHIP (not a fleet) to capture her.

NOTE: On the Sea Wolf (Edward Low) pirate nation line quest I do sometimes get an similar error when I capture the ship that I sunk her instead of captured.
Fortunately, this does not fail the quest.....

UPDATE 20 DEC 13

I reloaded my game from this point with the updated boarding file and tried every combination with Blue Bird Quest ending.
You are correct there now is a failure bug if you board the ship.
The only way to now complete this quest now is to SINK THE SHIP.

If you really want to own and pilot the Blue Bird, generate one at the shipyard....

I will contact MK.

Last edited:
I am using the same GOF ERAS mod and did not have this bug occur.
I think this is a anomaly in coding from the developers.
Try reloading the game from a previous save point BEFORE the cave, and try using only ONE SHIP (not a fleet) to capture her.

sorry for the delay in responding, was a bit busy these 2 weeks, i tried to reload again and every time the same error occurs wherever i reload from (before cave, or even before the quest starts)

Thanks for the heads up. I will do what I can but this was also bugged in previous versions of GOF. I think I know how to fix it though. My goal for Patch 1 is to have all the Quests fixed.

MK

Back