• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Boarding Actions for Class 1 ships

Ben Coats

Freebooter
i was off minding me' own business, heading from Port of Spain to Port Royale, in a class 3 heavy line ship maxed out with crew/guns/meds, and ran into a spanish military squad of 4 ships, one 1st class, two 2nd class and one 3rd class, i was trying to board the class one so i could just grab it, knock the sails off the others and sail away, well i ended up getting boarded by 3rd class right as i was getting up to 1st class, i defeated them farely quickly, during the boarding action i was able to grab ammo of over 300 bullets from one of the dead gunners. (needless to say i really needed it) then i boarded the 1st class and defeated them, it knocked me down in crew to 120 men, i knocked off the sails of one of the pursuing ships but was boarded by a class 2. all my men were killed, i fought over 40 or so single handedly in the boarding action (hense the use of the bullets when i needed and had them than not had them and needed them) OK here's my question, "How and why did their health take so long to drop?" i had to shoot most all of them @ least 6x's just to get their health in the red where i could finish them off with a sword, it took me almost 45 min of battling it out with them to do so. but i was able to defeat them and my reward is (screenshot below)
start2012-12-2223-27-48-79_zpsdad268d0.png

The most likely explanation is that you were facing a NPC captain of a very high skill level and with an expert crew. You must be attaining a higher level yourself to be facing such foes. MK

The most likely explanation is that you were facing a NPC captain of a very high skill level and with an expert crew. You must be attaining a higher level yourself to be facing such foes. MK
thanx, i was only like an 18 @ the time, and i figured out later i didnt have "critical hit" added yet in the personal specs, so that was probably one reason it took so long. still was an interesting boarding action, good thing i had plenty of med herbs/elixers and bullets.
:ship:bird:

Ah well then! :dance Not surprised at level 18. The game will often send opponents that outmatch you quite a but - especially if you are playing on a high difficulty. Sounds like you are having fun anyway! :D MK

Back