• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Boarding: Crash Due to Not Correctly Initialized Enemy Captain

I have absolutely no clue if this will help anything at all or not. But trying will at least tell us for certain.
Yes it seems like it solved the problem, I just boarded two ships without any problems.
But there is still strange log files.

Attachments

• error.log
    32.9 KB · Views: 101
  • compile.log
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
Hopefully @Levis can figure this one out soon(ish). I'm afraid I really have to get some rest by now....

No it dont work. Now it crash so bad it shut the computer down.
I boarded two ship, both failed, I could not leave the deck. Bad
crashes both time.

Attachments

• error.log
    38.4 KB · Views: 105
  • compile.log
    18.3 KB · Views: 111
  • system.log
    5.5 KB · Views: 106
These crashes were both triggered by boarding?
That's terrible! And we were doing so well on tying up loose ends.
Clearly something went badly wrong with that last Leveling update. :shock

There is nothing I can do about it now. I really hope @Levis can do some sorting out on it tonight.

Playin Nataniel Hawk,
during the boarding , there is no another ship alongside...
crew members are civilians, but I attacked military ship.
Game did not crush, but I am stacked on deck, can do looting of corpses....

Attachments

• error.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 105
Playin Nataniel Hawk,
during the boarding , there is no another ship alongside...
crew members are civilians, but I attacked military ship.
Game did not crush, but I am stacked on deck, can do looting of corpses....

just remembered, these happened to me too. as i said before, i try to board tier 1, 2 and 4 ships and all of them are warships but the crewmember are civilian.
and usually if the opponent boarded my ship, there will be another ship alongside during boarding, but there is only one ship.
and forgot to tell, actually, in all my cases, the opponents boarded my ship after i hoist pirate ship beside them.

Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Nov 17] | PiratesAhoy!

Please test the files here. I was able to board an enemy ship without any errors. So if these files don't fix it I need to do a new clean install of my game and compare it with my version to see what you are missing.
There where some problems with finalizing an initialization. so I think those where causing the problem.

Can people confirm the boarding problem is solved now?

Can people confirm the boarding problem is solved now?
No! The boarding problem are not solved yet, it still crashes. Look at the error log.

Attachments

• error.log
    571 bytes · Views: 107
  • compile.log
    25 KB · Views: 105
No more error logs in the boarding I just successfully completed.

Though I'm quite impressed by the items carried by my enemies.
Seems potentially too high-level for the early game (did a Brave Black Flag start with Godmode).

playing hawk, the problem not solved yet. after killing all enemy onboard, can't proceed to deck. and if i loot corpse, game crashed

Attachments

• compile.log
    19.2 KB · Views: 107
  • error.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 107
  • system.log
    30.3 KB · Views: 112
playing hawk, the problem not solved yet. after killing all enemy onboard, can't proceed to deck. and if i loot corpse, game crashed
Was that with or without starting a new game?

We seem to have noticed that reusing a previous save maintains the bugs, but on a new game everything works much better.

Was that with or without starting a new game?

We seem to have noticed that reusing a previous save maintains the bugs, but on a new game everything works much better.

when i start new game, another problem occurred. i can't add Fred bob to passenger list and this bug has been confirmed by levis in another post.

just want to confirm, i put levis zipfile in potc main folder and click extract here. is it the correct way to do it?

Crashing due to looting is nothing new.
Admittedly very annoying though. I keep running into that one too.

You cant take a ship who surrender now, after talking with captain you are stuck ,
cant leave the deck no matter what you do.

Attachments

• error.log
    542 bytes · Views: 105
  • compile.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
  • -=Player=- Open Sea November 10th, 1813 1.zip
    738.1 KB · Views: 89
No more error logs in the boarding I just successfully completed.

Though I'm quite impressed by the items carried by my enemies.
Seems potentially too high-level for the early game (did a Brave Black Flag start with Godmode).
navy ships have higher enemies then say pirate ships.
Also the difficulty makes them higher or less high.

Working on the morale problem ...

It appears that we have three individual issues related to boarding and it is MASSIVELY confusing to discuss all of them interchangeably in three threads.
So I have now renamed the threads we've got and I would kindly request everyone to use the appropriate ones as much as possible:
Confirmed Bug - Boarding: Inconsistent Crashes Related to Looting | PiratesAhoy!
Cannot Confirm - Boarding: Crash Due to Not Correctly Initialized Enemy Captain | PiratesAhoy!
Fix in Progress - Boarding: Stuck, but No Crash | PiratesAhoy!

THIS thread relates to CTDs during boarding that occur EVERY TIME and that DO generate error.log files.
It seems to be a very new issue, most likely related to the recent updates to the Levelling system that were included in the 15 Nov 2015 release.

A fix was made by @Levis not too long ago and I myself have been unable to replicate the problem when I tested it yesterday.

Back