• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Boarding Icon (Unstable)

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
Build Version: Sunday 13 April 2014
Build 14 Beta 3.2 WIP

Sometimes the boarding icon is not appearing when you get close to a hostile ship. In my experience, well, not exactly in this version but if the files concerning the boarding icon was not touched, I say its still there, that I'm having a hard time directing my ship for the boarding icon to appear. But my gosh! Even when our ships clash together, the icon still doesn't show up. It is very unstable. :modding

*I have no error logs at the moment or a save..:facepalm

My bad, I was not paying close attention to the ship speed and direction. Maybe this is the reason back then for the struggling parts.
See here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-120#post-479446
and here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-120#post-479450

I'll change this thread's label as "Not a Bug" now. Any moderators may freely delete this or
save it for future use as reference for if somebody else mentions this kind of problem again.

If your ship is faster or slower then the enemy ship you can't board it.

Hmmm I'm curious how funny it would be if the crew use the grappling hook and the ship is faster then the enemy's hehehe :razz

I'm curious as to how your ship is faster than the enemy's if the two ships have clashed together, as reported in the first post of this thread. :D Besides, there's supposed to be a perk which claims that speed and heading don't matter. In any case, you have to be faster or slower than the enemy ship otherwise you won't catch up with her and she won't catch up with you, which is going to make boarding even more difficult, unless the reason you're both going at the same speed is that you've just collided. xD

Actually there is a perk which allows you to board regardless of speed, heading or for that matter range - Instant Boarding. It's not the one I was thinking of, but if the game doesn't give me a boarding icon when I think it should, that one lets me board anyway. :)

I do this always on another way, I'll never board a ship while I'm next to it. I always go straight to his left side with the front of my ship. Most of the times the board icon will aprear and I doesn't matter how fast the ships are that way but I won't work always. If you are not in the middle the ship in front of you turns and to the left/right and you can't board it. The Speed Increase ability will work to to get more speed ;)

Back