• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Boarding Mechanics

irR4tiOn4L

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Hi everyone, ive had another idea id like to look at.

Ive been pondering how to 'improve' boarding and by improve, i mean making it more difficult to board vastly superior ships. Ive concluded that aside from more crew in the boarding battle etc, the easiest way is to simply make it more difficult to initiate a boarding.

Id like to introduce a 20 second time delay between the boarding conditions on the sail screen being met, and before the boarding button actually appears, for the player only (AI would never manage a boarding otherwise). This may not sound like much, but in the wider context of a battle the effect of this would be significant. Instead of maneuvering your corvette away from the broadside of a SOL and then approaching from such an angle and initiating boarding so quickly that it could not fire a single broadside at you, you would now have to take the risk of sitting off its broadside for a good 20 seconds, likely endure a devastating close range volley and if you are outmaneuvered, would need to do all of that again.

I think this would greatly increase the risk and damage you sustain in a boarding attempt and it would also mean that head on approaches and fast, high angle approaches would carry more risk of failing than a slow rear approach. In many ways boarding would become more hit and miss, which id say would be a good thing

The code itself probably wouldnt be too difficult (just a timer really) but i need to know which game file to look in.

I like the sound if this. I see what you mean by some players boarding before the enemy ship can fire a broadside.
This would certainly add to the realism of naval combat. :onya

Im looking in Program/Battle_Interface/battleinterface.c at the moment. I think thats a good place to start

Arrgghh. I'm going to get meself in trouble here. :walkplank

Boarding mechanics can be a problem because of the wrenches they like to put in their back pockets. A thorny problem there. :wp

boarding big ships should be made difficult, im lvl 5 with a barq and i boarded a galleon and its easy not realistic this makes the game easily exploitable...

Boarding difficulty is intricately related to the melee fighting in POTC which is limited to begin with. And the sword fighting and boarding are so arbitrary that even if you dont succeed, youll likely be cursing poor luck of the draw and be seething with frustration rather than thinking 'well that was a losing situation to begin with'.

Although a 20, 30 or even 40 second delay before the boarding button appears might help, ultimately i dont think its going to stop you boarding from barques. Realistically, even in 40 seconds that Galleon might fire 2 broadsides and thats not enough to sink even a barque or kill much of its crew. However, it might help dissuade you from the insane maneuver.

Ultimately though, more effective sea AI that forced you to approach under withering fire, more overwhelming odds boarding a ship of 400 crew from one of 40 and fewer super weapons and armor for the player to be got through looting (basically switching looting bodies off) would be the only ways this could approach realism

What are you guys talking about?

Boarding seems pretty well balanced to me. It seems perfectly belivable to me that 50 of well armed, well trained, battle hardend pirates would be able to take on 400 of untrained, badly equipped, low morale crew of a merchant ship. Still, boarding is a risky buisness even if you have numbers advantage.

The real culprit is saving. It changes the risk to 0 while it keeps the reward high. Thats why I play hardcore - no reloads, unless a crash or bug occured.

Sure, fight itself is not that bad balanced. Of course defender should have some bonus, and I never seen AI with 'musket volley' skill, which is weird - they could barricade themselves in aftcastle and shoot boarders like ducks.
But is approaching enemy ship bad?
As for the wainting time - I see no reason to do so. When you approach ship your men are already waiting, grappling hooks and planks are ready.

How about this: to board ship you need to activate skill (lets call it 'boarding mode') before you approach enemy. It takes some time to prepare and occupies some of your men to prepare grapplings and planks. So you will feel lack of free men on rigging and guns until you board or turn 'boarding mode' off.
Maybe even choosing which ship we are boarding (like with instant boarding) and as we swim by it game makes auto attempt every few seconds we are in boarding range, calculating chances on size, speed, angle etc. spamming screen with info 'failed to board'

As for adjusting distance, angle and time of preparations... with mount and blade I had lots of stuff to say from my experience, but I never boarded ship in real life, so I have trust in creators of Build 14

What are you guys talking about?

Boarding seems pretty well balanced to me. It seems perfectly belivable to me that 50 of well armed, well trained, battle hardend pirates would be able to take on 400 of untrained, badly equipped, low morale crew of a merchant ship. Still, boarding is a risky buisness even if you have numbers advantage.

The real culprit is saving. It changes the risk to 0 while it keeps the reward high. Thats why I play hardcore - no reloads, unless a crash or bug occured.

You know, honestly, i never lose a boarding battle, or any melee battle for that matter, these days. Not even officers - I have three regulars who accompany me and have for the last 15 levels. I am surprised if any melee battle brings myself or any of my officers to 60% health. I could take on ten times our number and win. Literally. Given this, it really doesnt matter to me whether i save or not.

The trouble with what you are saying about 50 trained pirates vs 400 untrained merchant crew are a few things.
1st, you wouldnt have 50 crew left if you had to sit off the broadside of a galleon for a few minutes as you lashed the ships together. The raking fire would murder your crew, nicely assembled on deck. Swivels would hurt.
2nd, 50 crew having to board from a low barque onto a very tall galleon would be slaughtered from above with musket fire. The type of ship boarded and used to board matters in reality, but not ingame.
3rd, 50 crew vs 400 is still immense odds. I am unable to point to any example where 50 crew successfully boarded a vessel, merchant or otherwise, of 400. In each of eight directions around you as many men as your total would surround you. To voluntarily enter this mismatch, even if you COULD win, is just unrealistic. Youd pick a different target. The fact that you can win every time without fail ingame - ludicrous.
3rd, we are not boarding 400 man merchant vessels ingame. I am boarding frigates, war galleons, lineships - whatever takes your fancy. If i could survive the approach, id wager a manowar would fall to my barque. Yes, this has more to do with my and my officer's prowess in melee, but letting that Manowar get a broadside or two into my ship before i successfully come alongside and board it seems only fair

Finally, Blackbeard died at the hands of a naval sloop with a slight numerical superiority (after a devastating broadside by blackbeard killed as much as a third of the sloop's men apparently). Naval and army training was no joke. If Blackbeard couldnt beat the odds, why should I?
What is certain though is that Adventure turned her guns on the two ships and fired. The broadside was devastating; in an instant, Maynard had lost as much as a third of his forces. About 20 on Jane were either wounded or killed and 9 on Ranger. Hyde was dead and his second and third officers either dead or seriously injured. His sloop was so badly damaged that it played no further role in the attack.[77] Again, contemporary accounts of what happened next are confused, but small-arms fire from Jane may have cut Adventure's jib sheet, causing her to lose control and run onto the sandbar. In the aftermath of Teach's overwhelming attack, Jane and Ranger may also have been grounded; the battle thenceforth would have become a race to see who could float their ship first.[78]

The lieutenant had kept many of his men below deck and in anticipation of being boarded told them to prepare for close fighting. Teach watched as the gap between the vessels closed, and ordered his men to be ready. The two vessels contacted one another as the Adventure's grappling hooks hit their target and several grenades, made from powder and shot-filled bottles and ignited by fuses, broke across the sloop's deck. As the smoke cleared, Teach led his men aboard, buoyant at the sight of Maynard's apparently empty ship, his men firing at the small group formed by Maynard and his men, at the stern.[79]
The rest of Maynard's men then burst from the hold, shouting and firing. The plan to surprise Teach and his crew worked; the pirates were apparently taken aback at the assault. Teach rallied his men and the two groups fought across the deck, which was already slick with blood from those killed or injured by Teach's broadside. Maynard and Teach fired their flintlocks at each other, before throwing them away. Teach drew his cutlass and managed to break Maynard's sword. Against superior training and a slight advantage in numbers, the pirates were pushed back toward the bow, allowing the Jane's crew to surround Maynard and Teach, the latter now isolated.[80] As Maynard drew back to fire once again, Teach moved in to attack him, but was slashed across the neck by one of Maynard's men. Badly wounded, Teach was then attacked and killed by several more of Maynard's crew. The remaining pirates quickly surrendered. Those left on the Adventure were captured by the crew of Ranger, including one who planned to set fire to the powder room and blow up the ship. Varying accounts exist of the battle's list of casualties; Maynard reported that 8 of his men and 12 pirates were killed. Captain Brand reported that 10 pirates and 11 of Maynard's men were killed. Spotswood claimed ten pirates and ten of the King's men dead.[81]
Maynard later examined Teach's body, noting that it had been shot no fewer than five times and cut about twenty. He also found several items of correspondence, including a letter to the pirate from Tobias Knight. The decapitated corpse was then thrown into the inlet and its head suspended from the bowsprit of Maynard's sloop (to enable the reward to be collected).[82]

You know, honestly, i never lose a boarding battle, or any melee battle for that matter, these days. Not even officers - I have three regulars who accompany me and have for the last 15 levels. I am surprised if any melee battle brings myself or any of my officers to 60% health. I could take on ten times our number and win. Literally. Given this, it really doesnt matter to me whether i save or not.

Then I have no idea how you do that. Even with 6+ melee skill, english officer sabres(?), braces of large pistols and golden armors, me and my officers still die when boarding much bigger vessels. The enemy may not use armor, but they have twice the hitpoints, and are armed almost as good as we are.

The trouble with what you are saying about 50 trained pirates vs 400 untrained merchant crew are a few things.
1st, you wouldnt have 50 crew left if you had to sit off the broadside of a galleon for a few minutes as you lashed the ships together. The raking fire would murder your crew, nicely assembled on deck. Swivels would hurt.
2nd, 50 crew having to board from a low barque onto a very tall galleon would be slaughtered from above with musket fire. The type of ship boarded and used to board matters in reality, but not ingame.
3rd, 50 crew vs 400 is still immense odds. I am unable to point to any example where 50 crew successfully boarded a vessel, merchant or otherwise, of 400. In each of eight directions around you as many men as your total would surround you. To voluntarily enter this mismatch, even if you COULD win, is just unrealistic. Youd pick a different target. The fact that you can win every time without fail ingame - ludicrous.
3rd, we are not boarding 400 man merchant vessels ingame. I am boarding frigates, war galleons, lineships - whatever takes your fancy. If i could survive the approach, id wager a manowar would fall to my barque. Yes, this has more to do with my and my officer's prowess in melee, but letting that Manowar get a broadside or two into my ship before i successfully come alongside and board it seems only fair

ad 1. I have failed at boarding approaches many times, which ended up with me recieving a broadside fire from the enemy. Of course, when you have boarding skill 10+boarding skills, approaches become not an issue, but before you get that, boarding is risky.
ad 2. That I agree with. Perhaps the length of the delay you were talking about should depend on the differences between classes?(since generally higher class == higher ships)
ad 3. I don't do such boardings because I fear death when playing hardcore.:p I do choose other targets.

Finally, Blackbeard died at the hands of a naval sloop with a slight numerical superiority (after a devastating broadside by blackbeard killed as much as a third of the sloop's men apparently). Naval and army training was no joke. If Blackbeard couldnt beat the odds, why should I?

The thing is - Blackbeard died once, he didnt die regularly:p. What I mean by this, is that there should be a small chance of dying, not dead-in-4-out-of-5-times type odds in such situations.

Still, musket fire ability should be used by computer.

The game is too progressive. Early on boarding is suicidal. At level 4 with no armor, a sword that is basically a shiny club, and a little pop gun I die every time. By level 20 it is boringly easy and I have taken class 1 man o wars with cargo ships. Methinks that is the nub of the debate here.

Attacking with small, fast vessel worked fine for pirates and corsairs.
Taking 400 people with 50 men? I see no problem in that. 50 armed murderers vs sailors. Even boarding taller ships - there are ways to do that. Hell, Surcouf seen advantage in that - enemy didnt expect much of him and when approached his ship was safe from fire (being under cannons).
But that is for merchants. Main problem here is that crew is just 'sailors'. No soldiers, no sharpshooters, it doesnt matter which ship you board. If naval vessels had soldiers on board player would have to think twice before approaching them with his bunch of common scoundrels, even with heroic morale.

Games as usual simplify things (have you seen game that would distinguish morale and discipline?)

Then I have no idea how you do that. Even with 6+ melee skill, english officer sabres(?), braces of large pistols and golden armors, me and my officers still die when boarding much bigger vessels. The enemy may not use armor, but they have twice the hitpoints, and are armed almost as good as we are.

Im at level 15-20 (dont remember) and 6 melee is not enough. All mine have 10 and all the fighting perks. I also make sure they are at least mid-high level (20-30); theres no point trying to level up a low level officer and level makes a big difference. I also keep the same 3 around, so that probably helps them level. I give these 3 officers gold armor, shotguns or braces of large pistols and health potions or bandages if were in a tough fight (though i havent done that in ages) and equip them with Bosun's choice (very high average damage and good pierce) or dueling sabre (high average damage and good pierce and block). For myself i use a dueling sabre because of its high block - in combat I block continually until an opening. My crew also gets very good equipment - in the weapons locker i place some gold, silver and cheap armor, guns and braces of various sorts, health potions and the swords i consider the best - swept hilt, black blade etc. The weapons are all in fine or excellent condition. In combat against overwhelming odds i select a ground where my officers and i will surround the enemy as they file in 1 at a time - the top of the forecastle around the stairs for example. Between each 'deck' i also make sure we are fully healed and guns are reloaded, by waiting or giving officers bandages. Even with the worst odds youll face no more than about 10 high health enemies with your officers. Its just a matter of time when you surround them though, and if you heal between decks its much easier.

I know from some of those treasure caves and waterfall caves (where officers or yourself can get stuck behind scenery so that its 1 vs all the enemies) that myself and each of my officers can win, alone, against 15 or so regular enemies, without healing. Even if, in a boarding, those 10-15 enemies have 4 times as much health, the fight is just about equal. And if i give my officers bandages or health potions (which i stock to excess but never seem to actually use) then its far from even.

It has been a long time since ive used a barque though, so i might try boarding a warship just to see

Attacking with small, fast vessel worked fine for pirates and corsairs.
Taking 400 people with 50 men? I see no problem in that. 50 armed murderers vs sailors. Even boarding taller ships - there are ways to do that. Hell, Surcouf seen advantage in that - enemy didnt expect much of him and when approached his ship was safe from fire (being under cannons).
But that is for merchants. Main problem here is that crew is just 'sailors'. No soldiers, no sharpshooters, it doesnt matter which ship you board. If naval vessels had soldiers on board player would have to think twice before approaching them with his bunch of common scoundrels, even with heroic morale.

Games as usual simplify things (have you seen game that would distinguish morale and discipline?)

Even with what youve said, those merchant vessels did NOT have 400 crew being nearer to minimum than maximum, so it was never '50 vs 400' to begin with but more like 50 vs 50-100 at worst. Id be hard pressed to think of an example where 50 men boarded a vessel of 400 (merchant or otherwise) and won.

As for ingame - arguably all 'crew' are 'soldiers' to begin with, since they are all generally far more capable with guns and swords than they would have been in reality. You are right though, that if some distinction in men or tactics did exist, the player would have been dissuaded. Even as is though, you just shouldnt win with 50 vs 400 'crew'. The only reason you DO, is because the maximum number that gets represented in the actual boarding is you, 3 officers and 1 or 2 crew for your side, and 10 or so for the enemy (odds of 2 to 1) per deck. In effect, a boarding of 8 vs 1 is reduced to 2 vs 1 by virtue of your officers always being there and enemy numbers having a maximum. Even if the correct odds were used (just you surrounded by 8 of the enemy at each deck). A battle of 10 men is very different to one of 400 cramming all over the deck with chaotic firing - the potential for the player to make a difference with their prowess is much greater in a 10 man battle than a 400 man one. All in all, the boarding is all skewed in the player's favor.

You mention morale, which is another issue. Doing nothing more than 'normal' food rations and 'normal' rum rations, your crew quickly reaches excellent morale whereas the ships you meet just seem to have very poor morale. By virtue of this alone you are at an advantage. And as for equipment - the game hardly if ever equips enemy crews with the necessities - it might give them a good sword and occasionally a gun, but rarely armor or health potions. Its no surprise they fall to a player, 3 officers and a crew that all have fine to excellent weapons of the best kind, the best guns and armor and as many health potions as they desire

The game is too progressive. Early on boarding is suicidal. At level 4 with no armor, a sword that is basically a shiny club, and a little pop gun I die every time. By level 20 it is boringly easy and I have taken class 1 man o wars with cargo ships. Methinks that is the nub of the debate here.

Yes, that is the nub here. But i would argue that its not THAT simple. The way the boarding works, as i mentioned above, tends to work in your favor at every stage, as does the sea battle maneuvering and initial boarding as well (you can approach from an angle with a fast ship such that the enemy never fires a broadside, even as you come alongside).

Large ship's crews being equipped with good armor, guns, swords and health potions, with much larger number on deck (or at least the correct proportions, ie 8 vs 1 (just you) or 32 vs 4 (you and 3 officers), on EVERY deck, with NO pause (ie no time to loot, heal and reload - maybe autoloot gives you all the loot on the deck and youre immediately taken to the next one) if you board a ship of 400 crew with 50), good morale and the ability to actually get a broadside off as you board would probably change these boardings dramatically

And what would you think about this:

1.Morale:

let's change morale on normal/normal rations to be more dependant on leadership. Leadership 1 for example would mean 'low' morale and leadership 10 shouldn't allow for a better morale than 'good'. Normal/double rations would allow for very good morale with high leadership, and the chance of a fight should be dependent on leadership(I don't know what are current mechanics of it).

This would force the player to either - switch to articles before trying to capture other vessels, or do double rum+pay extra to raise morale to excellent.(or go in with low morale of course)

2.Officers:

IMO player shouldn't be albe to recruit officers of too high level. How about making the level of all officers(random pedestrians as well) a random number from 1 to 10, possibly with a bias towards lower values?This would help a bit with the 'super officer' problem.

3.Enemies:

There are two ways we can look at this - either all crew should be soldiers, or only crew on navy ships.

Soldiers should have standardized equipment. For example spanish soldiers could be using Tizonas, Muskets and Battle Armor. Of course, this probably isnt historicly accurate, but we could try and make it accurate.

Normal crew should have random equipment similar to what they have now, but not dependent on players level and with some random armor thrown in from time to time.

This would make boarding Navy Ships much more difficult - almost impossible. Still, trade ships often has low crew, and if we left their crew as is - randomly equipped, and with low morale, they will still be an easy prey for a player, even if we give them a bit of armor.

4. Decks:

Instant switches to the next deck during boarding, preventing healing are a great idea IMO. The only thing that would need to be made is auto-looting, which might not be the easiest thing.

Of course those changes may be difficult to implement(I think the first 2 should be easy, but the other 2 would be difficult), but still, we need ideas before acting, so... ;) What do you think about those? What are your ideas?

P.S. IMO some stuff just either shouldn't be that easy to find(Shotgun? Seriously, WTF? I understand if they were difficult to find, but at level ~20 it's easy to supply the whole crew with them!10 000 times more rare should be ok, don't you think?) and outright not usable in combat(Hello bandaids, healing potions and so on, I'm talking to you.).

1.Morale:

let's change morale on normal/normal rations to be more dependant on leadership. Leadership 1 for example would mean 'low' morale and leadership 10 shouldn't allow for a better morale than 'good'. Normal/double rations would allow for very good morale with high leadership, and the chance of a fight should be dependent on leadership(I don't know what are current mechanics of it).

This would force the player to either - switch to articles before trying to capture other vessels, or do double rum+pay extra to raise morale to excellent.(or go in with low morale of course)

I think thats a great idea. However, id have leadership not be the prime factor, just A factor.

Im of the view that if im giving my crew normal rum and food rations, getting into a lot of fights (where many die) yet without giving them loot from battles, even if my leadership is decent I shouldnt expect good morale. In fact, id say that the ONLY way i should expect to keep morale above treacherous or very low if im getting into many battles and getting many crew killed is either;
1) Sheer fame
2) Signing articles and splitting the loot
3) combination of high leadership, fame and good food/rum rations, combined with low losses in combat through the use of medicaments or sound judgement.

A trader who hardly ever boards a ship, hardly loses crew yet does not split loot, does not have good leadership or fame and does not give good rations should still have a crew of poor or normal morale - solely because his crew know they are not expected to fight and are relatively safe. A trader with good leadership, fame and good rations should have good morale, but not much more - his crew are risk averse and shouldnt be supersoldiers in boardings.

A captain who expects his crew to participate in boardings every other day, loses them against ridiculous odds by the bucketloads and never gives them so much as a share of the loot, great rations or the satisfaction of partaking in great adventure and sailing with the meanest SOB this side of the hell (or the most pious) - well that captain should have a mutiny on his hands.

2.Officers:

IMO player shouldn't be albe to recruit officers of too high level. How about making the level of all officers(random pedestrians as well) a random number from 1 to 10, possibly with a bias towards lower values?This would help a bit with the 'super officer' problem.

I dont really like this idea. Right now, officers are not really 'super' compared to the player and just about keep up with them. If they were forced to remain, or even start, at low level, youd be forced into artificial tactics like hiring all your officers early and training them yourself, or theyd be useless in combat. They be much worse than the player and much worse than the enemies you face at that level, which wouldnt make sense. Id just leave officers as they are.

3.Enemies:

There are two ways we can look at this - either all crew should be soldiers, or only crew on navy ships.

Soldiers should have standardized equipment. For example spanish soldiers could be using Tizonas, Muskets and Battle Armor. Of course, this probably isnt historicly accurate, but we could try and make it accurate.

Normal crew should have random equipment similar to what they have now, but not dependent on players level and with some random armor thrown in from time to time.

This would make boarding Navy Ships much more difficult - almost impossible. Still, trade ships often has low crew, and if we left their crew as is - randomly equipped, and with low morale, they will still be an easy prey for a player, even if we give them a bit of armor.

Good ideas. Trade ships are as you say easy prey, so they could be left alone. Navy ships and pirates should get bonus men on each deck (even for the same number of crew) and much better equipment. They should also get good morale, to make them formidable in combat.

4. Decks:

Instant switches to the next deck during boarding, preventing healing are a great idea IMO. The only thing that would need to be made is auto-looting, which might not be the easiest thing.

Auto looting is already an option in the options menu, so it couldnt be that hard to add an 'autoloot and move to next deck in boardings' to those options. Instant switches to the next deck, while easily achieved with house rules, is probably too often abused (i know i sit at 30x on occasion) so with the exception of the final deck (cabin) switching to the next deck should follow no longer than 10 seconds after defeating the last.

Of course those changes may be difficult to implement(I think the first 2 should be easy, but the other 2 would be difficult), but still, we need ideas before acting, so... ;) What do you think about those? What are your ideas?

P.S. IMO some stuff just either shouldn't be that easy to find(Shotgun? Seriously, WTF? I understand if they were difficult to find, but at level ~20 it's easy to supply the whole crew with them!10 000 times more rare should be ok, don't you think?) and outright not usable in combat(Hello bandaids, healing potions and so on, I'm talking to you.).

I use shotguns but to be honest, they are not great and the first time i saw one it broke immersion.

I agree they should be super rare - and not based on level. Maybe hide ONE on some aztec island or something. Near an interesting diary or letter from the future. Thats it

Interesting ideas. :nerbz

1. Methinks that morale is already linked to leadership in battle. When I chase down a ship that leaves a battle early I find that the crew has poor morale and the Captain has poor leadership. On the other hand, when a ship fights to the end the crew has good morale longer and when I get to the Captain he turns out to be pretty good.

"I dont really like this idea. Right now, officers are not really 'super' compared to the player and just about keep up with them. If they were forced to remain, or even start, at low level, youd be forced into artificial tactics like hiring all your officers early and training them yourself, or theyd be useless in combat. They be much worse than the player and much worse than the enemies you face at that level, which wouldnt make sense. Id just leave officers as they are."

That is how I play. I get some officers right away and bring them up with me. If I meet an officer who is too good I won't hire him. Attrition is high, but overall more realistic. This also means that boardings aren't always successful. :j3 As a trader, it gives me more incentive to avoid combat too, since combat reduces trading profits.

I don't like autoloot. I do like that when I lose an officer during boarding he can be replaced by another.

The special weapons like shotguns are bugged. They should not appear at all normally.

I think changing the morale calculations should be quite doable.

Soldiers with standardized equipment reminds me of my intentions with the weapons code rewrite.
One thing I'd want is to fix the rarity (it is BUGGGED - BUGGED - BUGGED) and also the Periods influence.
But the third part would be a categorization so that certain weapons will be used only by certain types of characters (eg. soldiers, for example).

Normal crew gets their equipment from the weaponslocker; not directly related to the player level,
but once the player gets high up he can put good stuff in there...

I think we could figure out a way to do an instant reload to the next deck ten seconds after the last enemy was killed on the deck you're on.
Should be able to find the code that triggers that stuff somewhere...

As for the shotgun, that is SUPPOSED to be found only in one spot in the entire game as an easter egg and nothing more.
However, the game INSISTS on handing out weapons that are set to be unique at random.
And that is even with one of our best former coders/fixers trying to iron that one out. GRRRRRR! :modding :boom

Back