• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Boarding ship problem

Kingsrevenge

Landlubber
Hello fellow pirates, i am new to the game and very excited about it since i used to play pirates of the Caribbean before some years until it stoped working one day. I have the following problem, whenever i board a ship and successfully defeat its crew, if i don't press immediately default key 'space' once the unlock next boarding level icon appears, and take some time looting lets say for example, the icon disappears and i cant proceed to the next level to defeat the captain, or the same thing happens if i take a little more time looting the captain. Anyone have any suggestions, is it a bug? or am i doing something wrong?

Also so that i wont start another thread, i have some other questions:

Is there a way to have a map of the entire sea so that i can know which island is where and not base in luck to find them?

How do i deal with rats in my ship?

And last question where can i start a main quest once i leave from Barbados?

Cheers mates :D

Hello fellow pirates, i am new to the game and very excited about it since i used to play pirates of the Caribbean before some years until it stoped working one day. I have the following problem, whenever i board a ship and successfully defeat its crew, if i don't press immediately default key 'space' once the unlock next boarding level icon appears, and take some time looting lets say for example, the icon disappears and i cant proceed to the next level to defeat the captain, or the same thing happens if i take a little more time looting the captain. Anyone have any suggestions, is it a bug? or am i doing something wrong?

Also so that i wont start another thread, i have some other questions:

Is there a way to have a map of the entire sea so that i can know which island is where and not base in luck to find them?

Cheers mates :D

I swear that this exact same topic has been asked just before the Forum Update word for word?? :shrug

Sordid, did you not answer some of his questions?

This is weird.

I swear that this exact same topic has been asked just before the Forum Update word for word?? :shrug

Well i browsed your forum a little before posting and i didn't found anything similar, also i am kinda new so i obviously wasn't here before you updated your forum.

Anyhow its a really annoying problem since if i am a little late in pressing the button i am kinda stuck there and i cant do anything, i remember from potc that you advanced to the next ship level by entering a door, but here there is no such option, just pressing space or enter while the unlock icon appears, and after a while it disappears and i am left there stuck not being able to do anything.

Sordid, did you not answer some of his questions?
I don't remember this one. Probably a deja vu on your part, mate. ;)

I have the following problem, whenever i board a ship and successfully defeat its crew, if i don't press immediately default key 'space' once the unlock next boarding level icon appears, and take some time looting lets say for example, the icon disappears and i cant proceed to the next level to defeat the captain, or the same thing happens if i take a little more time looting the captain. Anyone have any suggestions, is it a bug? or am i doing something wrong?
Put your sword away and left click.

Yeah, you have a paper map that came with the game... right? ;)
Other than that, street vendors occasionally have maps of the caribbean. You can also press the tab key while in map mode to unlock the camera and move it around with the mouse, but unfortunately in this mode the names of places disappear, so it's nearly useless (modders to the rescue?).

You need the rat god totem. You can find them during various quests in the game, the easiest is probably to sleep with a prostitute several times in a row and talk to her after each session, eventually she'll tell you where to find a treasure that includes the rat god totem. Don't leave town while you do this, doing so causes new girls to be randomly generated in the brothel.

Depends on what you mean by the main quest. There's the pirate quest line, which you can start in any pirate town, there's the national quest line, which you can start by obtaining a privateer patent and talking to the governor-general of your nation, and there's the City of Abandoned Ships quest, which you can start by talking to a fellow named Oliver Trust in the capital of your nation.

My friend you have been very helpful, thank you very much, i am going now to try what you said about my boarding problem.

Cheers :D

When you're done looting bodies you can also walk upto to doors leading to the cabin on either ship and an icon will appear allowing you to fight the hostile captain.

I too am having this problem, and thus far it's the only major issue I've encountered. Boarding or being boarded breaks my game every time. My men and I mop up, loot the fallen on the deck, and twiddle our thumbs, and have to reload negating the battle entirely.

Immediately when the last hostile falls, the icon to progress pops up in the upper left of the screen, however attempting to activate it does nothing. The icon remains until I approach something to interact with (i.e. corpse, chest), then it disappears and never returns. The numerous doors are dead for me, and sheathing my weapon doesn't fix it.

Any suggestions would be fantastic. It's a pain to flee in terror at the first sign of conflict in this game, due to impassible combat. :shock

That's odd, for me the icon appears only after a few seconds (which pisses me off, because I have to wait for it to appear, otherwise it's guaranteed to appear just as I'm hitting the spacebar to open the loot window) and left clicking works normally. :shrug

A combination of frustration and boredom led me to post an in-game video of the issue I'm having. It may or may not help. Either way, here it is. :ixi
The reason why it wasn't working is that this is a CoAS thread not a Build 14 thread ;)

To fix your problem put your sword away and hit the space bar ;)

Back