• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

bombs and balls

kaizerkat

Freebooter
just for fun how to make balls have same damage and explosion effect like bombs or make bombs available for ships using real cannons mode

I think First write like this in Store initGoods:

Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].SpeedV0 = 1.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].DamageHull = 15.0; // NK, since 42's are nerfed. Was 10 for KNB.
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].DamageRig = 4.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].DamageCrew = 1.25;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].Dispersion.X = 2.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].Dispersion.Y = 6.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].Dispersion.V = 0.03;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].NoTrade = false; // Doesn't show up in stores
}
else
{
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].SpeedV0 = 0.8;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].DamageHull = 9.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].DamageRig = 4.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].DamageCrew = 1.5;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].Dispersion.X = 1.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].Dispersion.Y = 3.0;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].Dispersion.V = 0.03;
Goods[GOOD_BOMBS].NoTrade = false; // Sulan

Last edited:
just for fun how to make balls have same damage and explosion effect like bombs or make bombs available for ships using real cannons mode
You can still get bombs.
By sneaking some from shore-accessed forts.
Or finding them at random during DirectSail to another island...

yes and thank u all for ur replies as always , although i was referring to having the ships i attack have bombs and still be able to be in (real canon mode), i know u can just switch in the internalsettings file but i did not want to lose the real canon benefit,,,,or giving the regular canon balls close to the same effect as bombs thanks

yes and thank u all for ur replies as always , although i was referring to having the ships i attack have bombs and still be able to be in (real canon mode), i know u can just switch in the internalsettings file but i did not want to lose the real canon benefit,,,,or giving the regular canon balls close to the same effect as bombs thanks
Can't think of how to put bombs on enemy ships now in a hurry... :facepalm

ok happy new year
Happy 2024 to ye! :cheers

I think searching for GOOD(S)_BALLS in the SEA_AI folder might help track down the responsible code.
(Can't remember if it was with our without s. Not near my computer still.)

does that go for pistol firing distance as well? seems like the pistol and musket have the same range when firing or maybe not. i have the rifle with scope and it seems like it does not have a longer range over the pistol.

does that go for pistol firing distance as well? seems like the pistol and musket have the same range when firing or maybe not. i have the rifle with scope and it seems like it does not have a longer range over the pistol.
Pistols have their stats defined in initItems.c .

except for how far the bullet travels, for example the pistol should not have the same effective range like a rifle and that info is not in the items.c file

except for how far the bullet travels, for example the pistol should not have the same effective range like a rifle and that info is not in the items.c file
Just checked and you're right.
In that case, it seems "pistol range" simply isn't a variable at all.
A feature that was never added then...
@Grey Roger, what do you think?

PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIFantom.c:
Code:
    if(USE_REAL_CANNONS)
    {
        [...]

// 15-25 rounds/gun baseline for all ammo types
        if (CANNONPOWDER_MOD) Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_GUNPOWDER, MakeInt(50 * fKGunpowder + rand(100 * fKGunpowder) + crewQ*3)); // added by MAXIMUS [gunpowder mod] // TIH mod toggle 7-7-06
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_BALLS, MakeInt(150 * fKBalls + rand(100 * fKBalls)));
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_GRAPES, MakeInt(150 * fKGrape + rand(100 * fKGrape)));
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_KNIPPELS, MakeInt(150 * fKChain + rand(100 * fKChain)));

// KNB <--
    }
    else
        {
        [...]

if (CANNONPOWDER_MOD) Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_GUNPOWDER, MakeInt(80 * fKGunpowder + rand(25 * fKGunpowder) + GetCrewQuantity(rFantom))); // added by MAXIMUS // TIH mod toggle 7-7-06
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_BALLS, MakeInt(200 * fKBalls + rand(50 * fKBalls))); // was 150,250
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_GRAPES, MakeInt(80 * fKBalls + rand(120 * fKBalls))); // was 130,140
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_KNIPPELS, MakeInt(50 * fKBalls + rand(150 * fKBalls))); // was 100,50
        Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_BOMBS, MakeInt(50 * fKBalls + rand(200 * fKBalls))); // was 100,200
        // NK <--
You need to add something from that 'else' section into the main 'if' section.
The GOOD_BOMBS line may need to be edited a bit though.
Up to you what numbers you decide to put in there...

dont even know what the numbers do or mean in order to change/add
Try:

Fantom_SetCharacterGoods(rFantom, GOOD_BOMBS MakeInt(150 * fKBalls + rand(100 * fKBalls)));

To start with.
Then see what happens.

what am i looking for? what changes does it make to the bombs? or the cannon balls?
It'll add bombs to the cargo of NPC ships, so that they can shoot with them.
Dunno if they'll also USE them, but step 1 is making sure they've got them at all.
Can't use what isn't there, right?

one thing for sure is, my othe ship captained by another does not fire the bombs that are in his cargo load. he will just sail around the enemy ship and not fire until i take away the bombs then he will fire regular balls....i will try one other test but for now i captured two ships {pirate and french} and no bombs, although when i have a ship in my telescope i see a bomb icon that shows what ammo load the ship has. also i saw a grape icon but the ship fired knipples at me, that may be a different issue. anyway i will get back to u after my next test

I looked through the code a bit more, but honestly... I just got confused. :facepalm

Back