• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

bombs and balls

Just checked and you're right.
In that case, it seems "pistol range" simply isn't a variable at all.
A feature that was never added then...
@Grey Roger, what do you think?
Indeed there is no 'range' argument to 'InitGun', nor is it included in the list of properties for pistols. There is the 'Accuracy' attribute, though. But some pistols have better accuracy than muskets, especially the wheellock pistol and the duelling pistol.

Merchant ships don't even use all the ammunition types which are already in the game - they never carry grapeshot. Naval ships do carry grapeshot but never use it. NPC ships use cannonballs by default, or chainshot if they want to slow you down so they can run away. I've no idea how to persuade them to use anything else.

i seem to remember a few years back that when playing arcade mode the ships fired bombs at you, i think maybe im wrong, so i was trying to recreate that but in real cannon mode... oh well we tried

in closing, why does it not have the ships fire bombs, would that not be a better and stronger choice for them trying to do the most damage to you et al?

Back