• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Boom positioning in GOF

Majik

Landlubber
hello, ive been lurking the forums for some time now and im pretty new to the game but as a sailor myself ive just noticed that on some ships the boom off the main/mizzen is usually opposite to what it should be. meaning the boom is upwind rather than down wind. it would be accurate positioning if the wind vane pointed in the direction the wind was coming from and the wind came from there rather than where the wind is going; why this is like this is beyond me as every wind vane points to the origin of the wind rather than where its going. see flag in photo then think what sense it would make to have the sail torqued to the windward side...

here is a crude example (wind on the port side):

\
\ \
\ \
/ \
/
/

thanks for making such a great mod for such a great game!

sailinggof.jpg

:ahoy mate!

That is a feature of the Storm engine from day 1. We have been working on changing them so that they point in the proper direction for some time in POTC and have repaired most of them. We started importing the repaired ships into COAS last year but have stopped for now while other repairs and upgrades are being worked on.
The ship in your screenie is the Bermuda Sloop. I tried working on that ship over a year ago, but there is so much wrong with it that it was decided to just replace it with a better model. That better model has not been made yet.........
This sloop has been repaired for GOF2. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/hwLoFNl9r2/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/Sloop1-1.jpg

thanks for the reply and explanation.
purely aesthetic but sometimes confusing as the sails are filled correctly haha, thanks again for your efforts im also pretty sure that i have been playing GOF2.0.8.
is it possible for the wind vane to be changed to point at the origin of the wind rather than its current direction of flow?

I have tried for ages to fix that problem with no good results. A bug it stays...:modding MK

Does the fix we found for PotC not work in CoAS? Check with Hylie!

The sail fix does indeed work in COAS. I have already ported over some POTC ships and repaired at least one COAS ship.

Back