• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Broken Smuggling Quest Book

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
I have somehow managed to break the Quest book while smuggling.

I started the Assassin story and went straight to Phillipsburg on St Martin to sell the Ale to the smugglers there.

I talked to the smuggler's agent in the tavern - gave me a book and told me to talk to someone. QB Update

Went and tried to talk to the soldiers in town - nothing - except French raiding parties. Went back to the tavern - no soldier there. Talked to the smuggler's agent again and he said go a certain beach. -Q B Update

Sailed to beach - sold goods to smugglers and sailed away rich. Q B Update

Went and got more goods to smuggle and sailed to St Pierre, Martinique - talked to the smuggler's agent in the tavern - and told me to talk to someone. QB Update

Went and tried to talk to the soldiers in town - nothing - Went back to the tavern - soldier walking around in tavern told me about coastguard - Strange Q B Update :shock

Talked to the smuggler in tavern again and he said go a certain beach. -Q B Update

Sailed to beach - sold goods to smugglers and sailed away rich. Q B Update

Went and got more goods to smuggle and sailed to Port au Prince, Guadeloupe - talked to smuggler in tavern as before - QB Update - exited and talked to town guards - nothing - went back to tavern - no soldier walking around - talked to Smuggler in tavern and he said go a certain beach. -Q B Update

Sailed to beach - sold goods to smugglers coastguards arrived - killed them - and sailed away rich. Q B Update

Question - Is there always supposed to be a soldier walking around in the tavern when you go back who gives you details of the coastguards? :read

If yes would it be better if he was always there sitting as a drunk at one of the tables - having to go out of the tavern and then back in to get the character to spawn is a bit strange. Alternatively the soldier's dialog could be given to the town guards, this would avoid having to create a special character and they would seem to be the sort of people that you would ask for this info.

Attached saves before talking to each of the smugglers agents
:drunk

Attachments

• -=Player=- Isla de San Martín. Philipsburg port. October 22nd, 1662.zip
    661.1 KB · Views: 107
  • -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port. November 4th, 1662.zip
    722.7 KB · Views: 102
  • -=Player=- Guadeloupe. Pointe a Pitre Port. November 15th, 1662.zip
    775 KB · Views: 114
  • B14_B3_5_Smug1.JPG
    B14_B3_5_Smug1.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 98
  • B14_B3_5_Smug2.JPG
    B14_B3_5_Smug2.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 98
  • B14_B3_5_Smug3.JPG
    B14_B3_5_Smug3.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 99
  • B14_B3_5_Smug4.JPG
    B14_B3_5_Smug4.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 92
  • B14_B3_5_Smug5.JPG
    B14_B3_5_Smug5.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 108
  • B14_B3_5_Smug6.JPG
    B14_B3_5_Smug6.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 107
The soldier is random. He can also be there while there is no smuggling quest.
there is another way to get the info too.
town guard is on duty so they won't spill the info.
I still want to try to add another way to get the info.

This should fix the weird questbook entry.
Place in
PROGRAM\DIALOGS

Attachments

• random_guards_group_dialog.c
    5.8 KB · Views: 125
Which screenshot is the strange questbook update? At first glance, they all looked normal.
Except again the missing island name in the "Smuggling on" header.... :facepalm

Which screenshot is the strange questbook update? At first glance, they all looked normal.
Except again the missing island name in the "Smuggling on" header.... :facepalm

That is the one :yes - I thought that one would not have added a new header but just added a new entry under the Smuggling on Martinique which is where I talked to the soldier in the tavern.
:shrug

Levis's new file should fix this hopefully

:cheers

I made a system so you can have multiple instances of the same quest open. It requires a special ID to be given to the questbook entry. And I forgot to give it for the guard. So this is fixed now so it should work indeed. Please let me know if it does.
The file is also included in here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/levis-stuff-v-3-0.25316/

:ahoy

I am still getting the Quest Book Header error - have installed fix above & started new game.

there is this in the system .log

Code:
an't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx
Not used node name:"BOOKTITLE" from IniFile:"RESOURCE\INI\NEW_INTERFACES\book.ini"

and a lot of entries about line 12 - in the error .log

:drunk

Attachments

• system.log
    20.9 KB · Views: 124
  • error.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 128
  • compile.log
    37.6 KB · Views: 101