• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneer- The pursuit of Infamy ! Game and Demo Released!!!

I'll grab it when there's a sale on. I've spent too much this Christmas already :(

Hi Guys,
Seems mostly Euro players playing like Mr Tiffany always trying to get games going but being from Canada time zone is difficult to play in their time zone. Best bet is to launch game thru Steam and join Buc community to try and get games going. Check when get a chance and find few if any playing M/P :shrug :cheers

I usually check just once a week now - I've only got the demo, since I don't have any credit cards to buy it with online. Kinda sad to see the game headed this way, but I'll still buy myself a copy if it ever gets released over here.

Aye, is sad the game lacks players as it is fun to play PVP 6 v 6 is a blast. PVE is well done most missions are fun and Co-op is a nice added feature. :cheers

Hey All....Harvey here from Stickman Studios, :onya

I just thought I'd update you on all that is Buccaneer....

Yeah, it's a wierd one with the online numbers...We released the European boxed retail version of Buccaneer in October and although sales have been really healthy, we've had the odd spike of online activity but still not that critical mass we need for it to snowball...People are really digging the single player game, and I get constant emails from guys saying they really like it etc. it's much harder to get that online ball rolling, especially with everyone on different timezones etc. We do get the odd amazing weekend still, and it'll be released in more countries and supported all year so it'll still have a fanbase...it's mad, as it was designed t be a multiplayer game, I guess as an indie Dev team it'll take us time to do what a huge marketing budget can do overnight or something....

We do have a major announcement to make later this year though, and are working like crazy at the moment to deliver something really amazing...Very exciting stuff going on here at Stickman :nk

Oh, and....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR !!!!!!!!!!!

Harv

G'day Harv, nice of ya to float in :)

I hope this new announcement is a pirate based one :yes

Any chance on a buccaneer sale soon?

Hello all
Im new to the forums and came across this wonderful looking game. Will this be released in the US retail or is it only available as download{not a big fan of steam}
And also is the single and online multiplayer in 1 game?
Thanks

OK, I've downloaded demo yesterday, and...

Steering the ship is weird. :? It's... completely backwards - I have to keep the key pressed in order to keep my speed, but I don't need to in order to keep turning. What's up with that? Having the steering wheel revert to neutral as soon as I stop pressing the key would immensely help with aiming the cannons during the battles - right now, I feel like computer keeps throwing my aim off on purpose :(

And conversely, I don't need speed to revert to zero as soon as I stop pressing the key - on the contrary: once the desired ship's speed is set, I want it to keep it. This is especially bothersome after finishing the mission objectives - in order to reach the map border, I can't just sit and relax - no, I have to keep pressing the damn key!

(I do like the inclusion of Wilhelm scream in ship sinking sequence, though :D)

Back