• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneer, The Pursuit of Infamy

bumpkin

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Hello Mates.

Not sure how many of your are interested. But it appears that Harv and Nev are at it again. They are planning to announce new updates at CDC in a couple weeks.

Greg.

More News about Buccaneer:
Some Screen Shots earlier in this thread.

The big news is it looks like we've got boxed releases imminent in another couple of European countries which is really exciting. We think one may be Germany which is obviously a really big market, and those guys are pretty hot of their PC gaming too, so lets see where that takes us. We're still waiting for news on a few other exciting developments, mainly trying to get a U.S. boxed distributor, but also we've ported buccaneer into Torques new 'Torque3D' which has been about 3 or 4 months work at the end of last year, that we couldn't let anyone know about until GDC came and went this week, so now we can !! ;)

Here are a couple of juicy screenshots of how the game looks in Torque3D...

Hope this helps,
Greg.

For those few brave souls still interested. Harv has posted some more information about the upcoming changes to Buccaneer.

Enjoy

. . .
Now, lets not get too excited just yet ! There are many, many steps to getting this new game live. It's not just an art update to the existing game, it's a completely different engine and completely new art update for just about everything in the game, so it wouldn't be something we could just patch into the existing game...We jumped though hoops for the second half of last year to get this into a quality so that we can release it onto Xbox Live Arcade and brand the release BuccaneerHD and boy do I think we nailed it :p ...but in order to do this we'll need the publishing deal for a start, the cash to do it and many other factors to fall into place too. This is fully working in GarageGames new Torque3D Beta though, and we're still getting impressive framerates on my benchmark AMD 3000 with a GForce 9500GT ..... BUT Torque3D works on PC, Mac, and Xbox360 so in theory we could release BuccaneerHD on all 3 of these formats, depending on what happens with deals etc. or any exclusivity, it does look really stunning running though, ....hope that clears things up a bit ....I'm being as open as I can, but our dream has always been to release the game on 360 and PC, I'd be the happiest man alive if we could bag a 360 deal and make Buccaneer much more 'infamous' ... the XBLA release would ensure reviews in mainstream magazines, and raise awareness of the PC game too, it would be great for the Multiplayer numbers......

Things to note that have been added, I'm sure I've missed some off here..

We’ve completely remodelled the Tavern interior where you save your scores and check out high scores etc. It’s been completely rebuilt and retextured.

New 'Kraken Cult' pirate faction

New campaign levels against the Kraken Cult !!!

New sky.

New high-res terrain textures,.

Realtime shadows

Post FX such as HDR, God Rays etc.

Amazing water with real waves etc.

new wake system

Ships now pitch around on the water

Objective buildings destroyed using Physics

All ships now break apart using Physics

Ragdoll pirates fall of the ships when sunk !

Ships have jumped from about 2000 polys to 10,000 polys at their highest LOD and all normal maps work so, so much better,

Brand new sail normal map system to take advantage of the improved rendering.

Dark levels look great with the new rendering, we now have moonlit mission Paolo!!

Foliage in levels ! We couldn’t get the framerate with these in before, but it seems to be coping with ease… we intend to have them animated too etc.

THE KRAKEN !! :eek:

and the lighting Nev managed to get into the levels is stunning...

and tons of other stuff....honestly, this is just scratching the surface...

Sounds like the boxed version will be worth the wait! :yes Those screenshots over on their forum look fantastic! :onya

Back