• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneers! Original Soundtrack Out Now!

Avast ye scoundrels, some shiny new pirate music has been spotted on the horizon! :keith

The original soundtrack from Buccaneers!, Skyward Digital’s pirate action RPG, has now been released on all major music streaming platforms for your listening pleasure.

Composed and recorded by long-time PiratesAhoy! member Christian Tornholm-Lehn (AKA @Flannery), the soundtrack features 20 tracks for a whole hour of classic piratey tunes. If you’re a fan of jaunty folk songs, epic cinematic scores or good ol’ sea shanties, this album has something for you!

If you fancy a preview to whet your appetite, you can listen to a selection of tracks for free right here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLimWF7OKH-c8ylvjO2fZ8H8JsN-QC_kF9

Buccaneers OST Art Small.png

You can stream or download the full album on many music platforms, including (but not limited to):

- Spotify:

- iTunes/Apple Music: Buccaneers! (Original Soundtrack) by Christian Tornholm-Lehn
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/albums/B0BL6DSCT2
- Tidal: Try the TIDAL Web Player
- Deezer: Buccaneers! (Original Soundtrack)
- YouTube Music: আপনার এলাকায় YouTube Music উপলভ্য নেই

Not only is this an exciting addition to the pirate music genre, but for some of us here at PA! it is also a chance to remember a dear friend who is no longer with us.

Jehremie Woods (AKA @Captain Murphy) was a much-loved and active member of the PA! community for many years, playing a lead role in the development of Hearts of Oak and later co-founding Salty Sea Dogs with Christian. He sadly passed away in March this year.

Two tracks in this album are dedicated to him, immortalising his memory in song. Both tracks - “Hail Captain Murphy” and “Final Salute” - are now available for free in separate tribute videos (see links in the replies below).

Last edited:
Yey! Its finally out :pirates
It's been a blast @Armada and Skyward Digital!!

A part from the Wellerman being an old tune reimagined - they are all original tracks :dance

To all ye lovely people of PA!
I'd like to say something about "The Final Salute" since this after all is PirateAhoy! and Jehremie (Captain Murphy) was such a big part of it for many years...
The Final Salute is my personal farewell to a friend and colleague... and writing the piece was both hard and healing at the same time as it literally was my way to deal with the grief. I can still not listen to it without shedding tears - as every little tone and element was born out of pure emotion, and they are relieved each time I hear it. I still can't quite grasp that he is actually gone...

Creating, writing, and recording Hail Captain Murphy was just pure joy - and I actually used several of my family members and friends as voice actors for it. My Wife (who also co-wrote the lyrics with me), my siblings and sisters/brothers-in-law, my father-in-law, and even my two youngest children who are 7 and 3.5 years old can be heard in the chorus and in the background noise :rofl

Jehremies mum and fiance have both been in the loop about what we were doing for the Buccaneers! Soundtrack - and they both are extremely happy with the results.

Thanks for reading and for listening to the music, if you should choose to check it out :ship

Flannery

@Armada, @Flannery: would I be allowed to import a few of these tracks into PoTC:NH? "Rum Bonfire (Pirate Version)" would work well as a tavern soundtrack, for one. And since NH is a PA! community effort, I'd rather like to put one or both of those tribute tracks in somewhere.

But, of course, only if you give permission! Additionally, perhaps you can contact Jehremie's mum and fiancee to ask if they have any objections.

In any case, the music is awesome. :onya

@Armada, @Flannery: would I be allowed to import a few of these tracks into PoTC:NH? "Rum Bonfire (Pirate Version)" would work well as a tavern soundtrack, for one. And since NH is a PA! community effort, I'd rather like to put one or both of those tribute tracks in somewhere.

But, of course, only if you give permission! Additionally, perhaps you can contact Jehremie's mum and fiancee to ask if they have any objections.

In any case, the music is awesome. :onya
We can talk about this in a private chat.

As promised, here is the lyric video for "Hail Captain Murphy", featuring a tribute to the late captain at the end.
I hope you enjoy it, me hearteys! :pirates

Here is the second tribute video for "Final Salute". This track is quite the emotional journey, but it's nice for quiet contemplation while sailing the high seas. :sail

Back