• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[bug report] Infinite selable canons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grega

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I wasnt able to perfectly pinpoint the cause of this, so im hoping that by posting it here it will make it easier, since more people might be looking into it.

Basically when you try to dismount the cannons they all get removed except for the front 2. The counter for the cannons in the cargo hold increase as if they were removed though while the number on the ship diagram remains at 2.

This way you can rack up any number of cannons and sell them when at the shipyard. Its an exploit for infinite money since you can just remove and resell all the time.

Now im not to sure if its the ship or the cannon caliber thats causing that.

Till now i encountered this bug in both the combined mod pack (the one released last year some time i havent rely played in between) and in the GOF version 1.1.2

Well that's old news mate. And most certainly it's a bug that's been around since vanilla. It's not an easy fix if it's fixable at all. So be an honest pirate and sell those guns only once.

Or do it like me and never sell guns nor balls, surprising how some little self done rules makes the game more interesting.
;)

Cheers
Joe

If you head over to the big tracker and post in the thread there regarding this issue with the specific ship you're seeing this on and which mod you're using it will most likely be addressed. As far as I can tell this is an issue with one file and the ship model conflicting and can he fixed on a per ship basis.

Is there a list of all ships (as they are called upon in the code) somewhere, so that i dont have to go searching though the ships code files for them?

I wasnt able to perfectly pinpoint the cause of this, so im hoping that by posting it here it will make it easier, since more people might be looking into it.

Basically when you try to dismount the cannons they all get removed except for the front 2. The counter for the cannons in the cargo hold increase as if they were removed though while the number on the ship diagram remains at 2.

This way you can rack up any number of cannons and sell them when at the shipyard. Its an exploit for infinite money since you can just remove and resell all the time.

Now im not to sure if its the ship or the cannon caliber thats causing that.

Till now i encountered this bug in both the combined mod pack (the one released last year some time i havent rely played in between) and in the GOF version 1.1.2

Which ship is this? because it is a bug and it could be a ship we have already fixed.

Which ship is this? because it is a bug and it could be a ship we have already fixed.

I was using the Light Xebec.

But here is the thing. When i load the game i have that bug. But when i use the command "pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_XEBECLIGHT, true);" in console.c to give myself that ship (since i dont have it anymore) the bug doesnt happen.

I attatched my save game file. Its the "San Martin sea" file. Thats the only one with that ship in it im afraid since i tend to quicksave instead of regular save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back