• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug when leaving Speightstown at the beginning

Nelsonliang

Master Mariner
I cheated and bought a frigate, modified it and stayed at Speightstown for nearly a month to get the equipments, officers and enough crew for the ship. When i set out, there are three French ships in the bay . But the fort fired on my ship and blew me up instead of firing on the french. Once i managed to escape from the fort, the french fired on me destroyed my ship. I wonder if any one had this problem.I have the English flag for the ship in the beginning since i chose to start as an English citizen.
I am using the 2.5 Light version.

The French take over Speighstown as soon as you set sail, so the fort is French by the time you're at sea.
Just use your Personal Flag or any flag friendly to France and you'll get out safely. :yes

Maybe i'll try to leave as soon as possible after the tutorial mission. It's will be better if we can slip pass the french fleet with the fort covering for us, or participating the desperate defense of the colony until the situation is hopeless and we are force to set sail and break through.

You cannot do that. The French ALWAYS take over the fort BEFORE you set sail.
Just hoist another flag and you'll be good.

If the Fort always get captured by the time i sail, i hope somehow it can be coded not to open fire on me. If i am in the Lugger, it only take one salvo to blow me to pieces.

That is why you should hoist a flag friendly to France before setting sail. It IS coded to not open fire on you then.
This is one instance in the game where they will ALWAYS believe your false flag.

I see, though it will make more sense and realistic if the french bar all ship from setting sail. After all, it's what happen in real life when a port is captured. The conqueror will loot the cargo and press the ship from enemy into service while letting the friendly ship sail after an inspection to make sure no deserter or enemy agent or officer trying to escape.

Wouldn't it be really annoying if you weren't allowed to set sail?
Or we could perhaps put a French soldier that talks to you at the end of the jetty and use that as a reminder to people to change flags.

Well, we can negotiate a little bit of fee with the new conqueror. Or just make the french keep firing on the english instead of the little ship of the player. Because my nephew (12 years old) play for the first time and he got blew up after 15 second. So it's kinda a bad surprise for new player.

And i also have some problem with the "Royal man of war" from the french fleet. Once time i was so annoyed that i boarded the ship and captured it. Then i proceeded to open sea with the french fleet behind. After i had cleared the fort, i turn back and sank all the pursuing ships. When i tried to access the captain cabin on the "Royal man of war", the game crashed. I don't know whether it's a bug or not i have yet to encounter another "Royal man of war" so far so i cant check it.

Well, we can negotiate a little bit of fee with the new conqueror. Or just make the french keep firing on the english instead of the little ship of the player. Because my nephew (12 years old) play for the first time and he got blew up after 15 second. So it's kinda a bad surprise for new player.
If you start a new game on the default nationality (your personal nation), then you can easily safely escape because nobody will fire on you.
If you select England instead, then you have to hoist a false flag before setting sail. But I'm pretty sure your bosun Malcolm warns you to do so if you follow the tutorial for a bit.

Back