• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Bug with cannons.

I am playing with the combined mod, and have noticed that when trying to sell cannons the ones on the port and starboard side don't come off. They simply add the equivilent ammount of cannons to the hold, but will not remove them from the ship itself.

This is a real problem for me as in my last battle i lost over half the connons in battle. And despite paying to repair the ship, and it saying i have a full cannons loaded onto the ship i cant add or remove them from the sides. This is bad as when i go to sail the ship it says i still have only half of the cannons on each side working. Serious problem when you think i only have 20 guns and now 10 of them are out of action permenently.

I have searched for this problem in the forum, and although i have found simular posts reporting same problem with the fore and aft cannons non mention the sides, or quite how to fix it.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem or at least can post the thread that i need to read through to fix this myself i would be thankfull for any help.

BTW i know this should be under the bug report section, though every time i tried to open that forum i got a message saying can not connect to page because..... So either that section is having problems or is down.

This is a known issue with certain ships that is caused by mismatching cannon numbers. Luke always tries to fix them before each release. Which ship is it?

MK

At the time i was using the Fleut of war.

However i have noticed this same problem with many other ships. Including the Flying Duchman, and other pirate and factional craft i have aquired. (Taken over at sea and bought). Thought this could have been caused by upgunning the ships, however i have also noticed this problem with vessles i have not upgraded. Normally after a battle where i have to replace a cannon that has been destroyed or "Fallen Out".

Selling the ship and buying it back wont fix the problem, in fact the only methord i have found for moving on is to simply buy an un-buged ship from a dockyard, although this allows you to move on from the poblem it is not an ideal fix, as i loose my ship, and can only ever afford to buy a cheaper version normally seriously under-gunned.

Did you edit any of the ships to get larger guns? Also what version of GOF are you using? The last time we had a widespread problem as large as you describe was in one of the earlier CMV versions - 3.0 I think. MK

Ah - well then. I remember when that would happen it would sometimes spread. Especially if you had made any changes/edits. That was one of the reasons we made the reinit function.

MK

Yeah we fixed almost every ship in GOF 1.0, i think its safe to say 99% of the ships are fixed and to be honest i haven't heard of the cannon bug in GOF 1.2 at all so it looks to be fixed now.

oh... buggy cannons are still available on the heavy batavia, sirius... siriously fun bug.
un-cannon the ship... get more cannon in the hold.
yet the cannons remain in place.
un-cannon these cannons again... get more cannons.
get as many as you want... breaking the ship's cargo limit tenfold. who cares...
and sell them all at once... a lot of Bling for free!

Wish real life was as easy as that.

Back