• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug with the Diplomat

BG96

Landlubber
So I've been attacking Douwesen for the exp and now that I've lvled up enough I want to restore the relation. I went to the diplomat and payed him but the Douwesen fort is still attacking me. When I go to the "relations" tab it says I'm friendly with Holland. Even the Dutch ships don't engage me. I tried to restart a war with Holland but when I attack the fort or ships I'm still "friendly".

I tried the same thing with England and this relationship is restored without a problem.

Did I miss anything or is this a bug?

"Douwesen"? That sounds as though you're playing the original game, so I don't know if this will work...

Try landing at a beach on Douwesen. Walk to town, talk to the governor, and see if he can say anything useful. In the modded game, if forts are firing at you when they should not, you can talk to a governor, complain about it, and he'll fix the problem. But I don't think that's the case in the original game.

Otherwise you'll just need to land at a beach and walk to town any time you want to do things at Douwesen.

I am indeed playing the original game (for nostalgia reasons). I've been trying quiet a few things, going to the governor as you said, selling my others ships (maybe they wer hostile), maxing my reputation etc.. Seems like nothing is working so I'm assuming this is a bug.

Is there any option to edit the saved file? Like manually changing the diplomacy status of a certain nation?

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't expect selling ships to do any good. Reputation should not affect nation relations either. But I'm surprised that you can't turn Holland hostile again by attacking their ships or fort.

It is not possible, as far as I know, to edit the saved file directly. In any case, the problem seems to be that the fort is ignoring the change of diplomacy status. I've an idea that might fix it, though it's not guaranteed to do any good. Where are you in the main story? I might be able to modify the quest code to add a line to do something to the fort when you pass a specific point in the story, which means I need to know which point you'll be passing next.

But I don't think that's the case in the original game.
Definitely not the case in the original game.
That's a feature I added after I completely and utterly destroyed the old nation relations system and wrote a new one.
The original was full of issues; and I think it wasn't made to have relations change at all.
Things were just hardcoded for the default story behaviour; with the player as English; and that's it...

Back