• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 11 BUGS ONLY

acc. to the missing contains of some files .....
I did not have to `re-install` the whole lot,
just found a backup on my old comp, and those files worked out just fine ....

BUT ....... what on earth could cause all this ?
:cheers

Re: bug with the strange things in the archipelago quest

<!--`QuoteBegin-clueless`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clueless)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Was playin the above quest today and i got as far as giving the letter to the priest on Isla Mule, he asks me 2 goto oxbay and escprt a ship back to isla mule.  When i get near oxbay, the man shouts land ahoy and i hit space bar, the sea loads but on that loading screen, once its loaded for a bit, the funny wee spinny thing freezes as does the game, i have to `ctrl-alt`-delete out of it and start agen :cheers.  Supose this means i wont be able to goto oxbay at all now, which means i cant finnish the main quest.  ta for any help, great build guys/gals it really has put the fun back into PotC.[/quote]

I get this also, has anyone solved this bug yet?

I let the loadscreen sit there for awhile then got a Runtime error

EUREKA!!!! :cheers

I've solved how to work around the Oxbay lock out problem! I guessed that it was the random ships around the islands messing with the quest, so I went into BuildSettings.h and changed these lines:

#define COASTRAIDER_CHANCE 0 //The default for build v11 is 40.
#define AUTOCREATE_CR 0 //Set to 1 to create new coastships every time you leave or approach an island. 0 will create ships only if you ask a citizen about them.

You'll find these lines and they'll be set at 40 and 1, change them to 0 and 0, like I did. After saving the file, you'll need to press "I" after loading your last save game.

When this part of the quest is over, you can set them back to get ships around islands again
Cheers, I hope this helps.

Actually you don't have to press "I" for these changes to take effect they are automatically run when you load an old save or start a new game.

Re: bug with the strange things in the archipelago quest

<!--`QuoteBegin-Admiral8Q`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Admiral8Q)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I get this also, has anyone solved this bug yet?

I let the loadscreen sit there for awhile then got a Runtime error[/quote]

Are you sure you have downloaded the latest update? I got the freeze bug too until I updated. Then it disappeared and I could finish the quest.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Vassal`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vassal)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->For those that didn't download the latest update download it now :d:[/quote]

Sorry, I must have missed the latest update then, I have v11 currently installed with that bonus pack for textures that comes with it.

Where would I find the latest update and keep an eye out for new ones as they come out? :cheeky

Nevermind, figured it out:

Go to the installer and check for updates :cheers

Great system here! It's so easy it's dificult, heheh :p:

hi again

SUGGESTION MODERATORS : CAN ANYONE MAKE THIS TOPIC STICKY!

and to the PMT :

I am very sorry to announce, the last 6 hours of gaiming, had been a disaster......

I had 3 CTD, 1. after about 2 hour gaiming, a pyrate hunt mission. a result with CTD.
2. 3. hours of gaiming, while equip. 2 officers and go to sea. CTD.
and a moment ago 3. CTD. while running through Conceicao jungle, after taking doc. from reims house........(killed all smugglers)

I can still not use the potchelper ....... it still removes the contains of engine.inf (or what the file is called)

so I cant post a log ........

(how can it be done in an other way ?)
:)

Found bag and Aswer On nother part of Site

Ahoy mateys I be here fer de first time posting 'couse me hubby Willy has PotC on his puter an had a prob that a few of ya'all have had looks like.
He has been runnin'n de v11 an likes it alot he gives it an 8 so great work everyone. :cheeky :p3 But the prob was when he would go after a paticular ship (orderd to by gov of Douwesen) he would go to 'is ship an poof crash to desktop. :cheers: Well this has been goin on fer 3 days off an on. An now today I thought I would look at other isues on yer forum well I found somthin to try on a section dealing wit 10.1 an lo an behold I found out by pressing de T key before bordin de ship it don't crash to desktop. So ANY ONE ELSE haveing a simalare Prob to this try it it should work.
Again I think ya all did good work. I meself aint playin PotC, but am playing SD insted fer now, But good job. :):
Thanx

:cheers Suzie Sea Wench, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :p3

Glad you got your problem solved! :cheeky Now don't be a stranger! :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for the info!

open engine.ini
find tracefilesoff
set to 0[/quote]

btw it waz after the newest update ......
hope it works

ok .... this is what I can get.

PotC found in C:programmerBethesda SoftworksPirates of the Caribbean
Set current working directory to :
C:programmerBethesda SoftworksPirates of the Caribbean
OK: PotC main configuration file (engine.ini) found
OK: Build settings file (BuildSettings.h) found
Loading log files ...
Log file error.log loaded.
Log file compile.log loaded.
Log file system.log loaded.
`13-05`-2004 17:37:34 Generating report now ...
`13-05`-2004 17:37:55 Starting game ...
loading logs ...
Loading log files ...
Log file error.log loaded.
Log file compile.log loaded.
Log file system.log loaded.
`13-05`-2004 17:38:49 Generating report now ...
`13-05`-2004 17:38:55 Generating report now ...
`13-05`-2004 17:39:59 Generating report now ...
`13-05`-2004 17:40:16 Generating report now ...

and the error.repport

-----------------------------------------------------------
Error summary
-----------------------------------------------------------
File ....: programbattle_interfaceprocGetSailTextureData.c
Line ....: 109
Type ....: COMPILE ERROR
Error ...: duplicate label
Count ...: 2
Status ..: File is newer as the file from build
Local file : 2004.05.08 02:48:00

and line 109 sayz default:

this suggestion came from a other forum

ahoy there lads,
i think they should make some kind a mod too make becoming a pirate far more easy

i've tried to become one and still didn't manage.
so why don't they make a mod wich let's you be a pirate and make it a little different from letter of marques, cause pirates do not work with ranks!

;)

the only bug i have experienced is that sometimes a save point will get bugged, and the game crashes after i get to a certain point after loading the save (i.e. moving a certain distance from conecaio or leaving redmod docks) it happens rarely though

Back