• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 13 Final - Unreadable Text!

sweevo

Landlubber
I'm using Build 13 final on Windows 7. The game starts okay, but the menu text is unreadably blurry. I've attached a picture, so you can see what I mean.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, picture didn't attach.
Take 2! ;)

Attachments

• blurry.png
    blurry.png
    478 KB · Views: 105
It looks like a resolution thing - try altering these lines in engine.ini (Which is in your POTC game directory).

full_screen = 0
screen_x = 1440
screen_y = 900

Running it windowed prevents the game from crashing when fullscreen mode is interrupted; set X and Y to your desktop resolution.

It looks like a resolution thing - try altering these lines in engine.ini (Which is in your POTC game directory).

full_screen = 0
screen_x = 1440
screen_y = 900

Running it windowed prevents the game from crashing when fullscreen mode is interrupted; set X and Y to your desktop resolution.

I just tried that. The text still looks the same, but the graphics are all fine. It's definitely only the text that is affected.

full_screen = 0
screen_x = 1440
screen_y = 900

I just tried that. The text still looks the same, but the graphics are all fine. It's definitely only the text that is affected.

why don't you try our latests mod build 14 alpha 10.1 with fixes is very playable plus loads of new features since build 13. Don't know weather you would have this problem with build 14 lots has changed. Did you have this with the stock POTC game?

thanks

why don't you try our latests mod build 14 alpha 10.1 with fixes is very playable plus loads of new features since build 13. Don't know weather you would have this problem with build 14 lots has changed. Did you have this with the stock POTC game?

thanks

I'll give Build 14 a go then. I never had the blurry text problem with vaniila POTC.

Use Config.exe to increase the texture quality.
You can get that effect if you set the quality on low.
Maximum quality should work perfectly fine. :yes

Back