• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 alpha 7 help

mportman300

Landlubber
Hello, im very new to this forum as i have just discovered it... I have been playing POTC for just a couple of months now, and as i was looking around the net, i have seemed to discover some low like mods, as i kept looking tho, i have just happened to come across Builds, from Pirates Ahoy, and so when i read upon it i got to the whole build 14 thing.. and i seem to be having a problem, i installed Build 13 FULL, Just about 368 MB exe file, i have installed it, and it had worked fine... However i wanted to try out Alpha 6 and 7, so i downloaded Build alpha 14 version 6 and installed it accordingely to the instructions, after that, i installed Alpha 14 version 7, and the bugfix, however when i attempt to launch the game, there seems to be an Unhandeled Fatal Error, and the engine turns off... does anybody have any idea what could be wrong, i have installed them according to the instructtions, running the runme.bat files and the preset.bat etc. I have no idea what could be wrong... Plz help
Sincerely, Pat

Ok, soo i reinstalled all of the mods, and redid everything step by step, defaulting all of the settings, miraculously... the game launched with the build 13 main theme, althought it does say alpha 14, 7.. blah blah blah.. all good till i get to the point of pressing the "options" button, the shuts down with nothing but a windows error box, upon investigating this error, it comes out its a dll error, upon the technical info it doesnt give me anything to work out of except : dx8render.dll im confused... i mean i launched the options tab from the main menu about 3 times, trying to switch the languages, to check em out... than i pressed the additional button, the game shut off, ever since i can't get into the options menu.. help?

you could of course look in the older topics and simply find the answer there. as i only know that it's a known bug and has been fixed already (methinks).

umm yea... i was lil panicky, i have found all the answers to these bugs, in this forum, however i am having more trouble with the beggining of the game, big deck.. can't get off.. can't get into first person... only thing i can do is draw sword.. weirdd.. its in the main build forum.. kk thx

Back