• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 alpha 8 Wip V1

darkevil

Sailor
Hello,

After month of resting, i'am back on this great Carribean seas to ransack Pirates and english alike!
I have installed the latest alpha build : 14 alpha 8 wip v1 and luanch the game to see the new wonder that awaiting me...
Alas, when launching the game (starting with default character, ship, and location (cabin) ), have a totally black screen.

i can't go to the option screen to save or to load but i have no display at all...

Could someone help me or explain me what happens?!
Thanks by advance...

Ps: Pieter Boelen what a great job you done for modding this game after so much time spending on it... Thanks for your Job!
Pps : It is possible to make one file collecting all bugs and all solution to resolve the bug corrected by mod version into one file or one webpage?

Regards

Hi there, Capt. O.BLOOD

The WIP is a deep. deep alpha. The reason for this is, that it is under constant development and practically only useable by the modders who are developing new stuff to it. I would guess, they all have their different version of the WIP because they´re each working on their own modding project.
It is strongly recommended for "users" like you to play the Build 14 alpha 6, which is the closest you´ll get to a newer, but still decently stable version.

Dear PeterWillemoes,

I know what is the WIP version and i had the build 14 alpha 7 plus installed before installing this version. After some bug tha ejected me from the game i had stop to play.
I know that this version is not a release, but after reading the some post, i decided to installer this version.
I know also that i'm not a modder (by lack of time and laziness) but if nobody try the mod, it will take more time to discover bugs...

Whatever, my problem is only that game interface is not displayed...
Could you help?

Thanks for you enlightment, however...

Did you check out <a href="http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=11101&view=findpost&p=219958" target="_blank">this</a> post of mine? Also: You can enable <a href="http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9234" target="_blank">error logging</a> and post the compile.log, system.log and possible error.log that are generated in the main PotC directory here. Perhaps that will give a clue about what's wrong.

Back