• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9 Experimental Mods

Pieter,

I loaded this yesterday and just started trying to squeeze in some testing. So far this seems very stable and looks fabulous. I still am not clear about the officers mod yet but every things seems to be working ok.

Please try the new version; should be much better. And a lot more ships show pennants properly.
For the Experimental Officers System, I'm not 100% sure to what extent it is/isn't finished.
Better refer to the ReadMe in the buildinfo folder.

Indeed; the original file has been replaced.
You might not be forced to start a new game if you had an earlier version installed, but you do need to.

Trying the updated verstion of this tonight. I think boarding is broken. Clear one deck and can't off the first deck.

Uh? That'd be really weird; we didn't make any changes to any boarding-related code for quite a while! :shock

I have just succesfully boarded a pirate brig, swapped ships,
then swapped ships again with a surrendered pirate Xebec.
Boarding seemed to work fine; hopefully what you encountered was a random fluke of some kind.

If I install this will it break my saves? Or have any effect on my saves at all? Or do you have to start a new game to make it work?

New game required. If you check the feature list, you can see if you considering it worthwhile or not.
If you're halfway into a storyline, you can finish it first and install this afterwards when you get started on another. ;)

Ahoy Pieter,

I have tried boarding again in the expermental mod. I cllear the first deck, and the battle icon does not appear so pressing enter or space does not get me to the next deck and I remain stuck, if this works for you I am at a loss to explain this. My only ideas are a bad save or maybe and installation hiccup. I gather i am the only one with problem.

Everytime that has happened to me I just put my sword away and press "space" and it goes to the next deck :shrug

Hi I was about to start a new game (the sparrow story), after installing the experimental mod, and just out of curiosity I walked over to a guy in the Tortuga tavern which I had never seen before in tortuga tavern, at the start before becoming Jack. And I got the option to jump into a few quests to test, em, I like what tyou did with the davy jones encounter btw looks much better. Anyway at the bottom was the option to test dead mans chest quest.

So I just wonder is this possible? Is there actually dead mans chest material in the game? if so how to test it and where? I noticed in the feature list that you had added church location from dead mans chest to the game, so where is it? I also tested a quest a little where you fight a guy and save two women, but I have never played that, is this something which has been added?

And thirdly in buildinfo theres a file called bartolomeu quests. Are those quests sidequests for the new horizons story? sidequests for the bartolomeu story, or sidequests for all the stories? Or what are they? I recognised the silver train quest but not the others.

Ahoy capatin Mcggee,

When I am figthin on the first deck the battle icon is in the upper left. When all enemies are dead, i loot the corpses, then the battle icon disappers, and, with sword put away pressing space does nothing and I am stuck.

Pieter, when you tested boarding did you loot corpses manually?

When I did my quick test, indeed I didn't do any looting.
However, I know I did a succesful boarding WITH looting not so long ago.
But to be certain, I will test again. Some time soon (eg. tomorrow or the day after).

It seems you found Random Drunk, Odieman. He's there if the cheatmode is on for testing and development purposes.
There is some Post-CotBP content that you can test, which will eventually lead up to DMC.
However, no actual part for DMC is coded in yet. We're in the preparation stage for that,
so we're slowly trying to add the required locations. Once that's done, we can continue with questwriting for that.
There is indeed a jungle church location that you can test, but there's nothing to do there yet.
In PROGRAM\console.c find:
Code:
/*	// Test Dead Man's Chest Isla Cruces Church Location
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("James Norrington")].model = "cnorrington";
DoQuestReloadToLocation("Jungle_Church", "reload", "reload1" ,"");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("James Norrington"), "Jungle_Church", "goto", "goto10");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Will Turner"), "Jungle_Church", "goto", "goto5");
LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("James Norrington"), true);
LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Will Turner"), true);
LAi_SetImmortal(pchar, true);
LAi_SetFightMode(PChar, true);
LAi_ActorAttack(characterfromID("James Norrington"), pchar, "");
LAi_ActorAttack(characterfromID("Will Turner"), pchar, "");
*/
Remove /* and */ around it, load a Jack Sparrow storyline game, press F12 and you're reloaded to the church location.
I added some additional lines to fake some sort of fight with Norrington and Turner for screenshot purposes,
but it's just an infinite fight with no actual purpose yet.

Fight a guy and save two women? I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here... :?

The quests mentioned in the Bartolomeu quests folder are sidequests in the standard (New Horizons) storyline.
However, some of those have been adjusted and included in the Jack Sparrow one.
The Capitaine Chevalle quest is a modified Bartolomeu o Portugues quest and the Captain Villanueva one is the Jackpot quest.
The 'First Contact' quest is also included in will play a major role in leading up to the events from DMC.

Fight a guy and save two women is refering to Billy Brock and the Brinkley's ;)
Or maybe the Sao Feng sidequest??? Did it take a very long time to get to and was in a cave?

Indeed we are in preperation for it, I actually added that shortcut to check how the finished work for CotBP xD:

With my current game version (Experimental Mods + some slight updates that have nothing to do with boarding),
I have just boarded two small pirate ships and one surrendered one, using full looting.
I looted chests, corpses, looted before all enemies were dead, looted after all enemies were dead,
but couldn't get it to break and it all worked fine.
I do recall a report saying that if you put away your sword manually before all enemies are dead,
things can get messed up. But I'm not sure if that's true... :?

Hello! xD: sorry to butt-in on your conversation, but it appears as though I have the same EXACT problem as Jason does, I board ANY kind of ship (quest ship, non-quest related ship, low-stat ship to high stat ship) and ALWAYS end up being stuck on the first boarding level of the ship, with absolutely no way of escaping :modding i remeber when this happened on POTC before the mods, :? drove me near insane!

Oh, and I just checked if putting away your sword before or after a battle ends helps-it doesnt :?

Agh; I hate problems I can't replicate. :modding
Can anyone else confirm the problem?

Agh; I hate problems I can't replicate. :modding
Can anyone else confirm the problem?

Well I am happy to report I reinstalled the new version of the experiemental mod and the boarding is working fine now. Huzzah!

A few other small things I have noticed some of which go back to the last version of 9.5.

1. When you are killed in combat on Bonaire and Grenada you don't go the tavern you just lie on the ground, you get the music for the tavern but you can't get to the room. When you go back and load your save you get the " you can't save until ______ leaves message.

2. When you equip a blade using the fast equip key (1) it does not always give the best blade, particulary some of the newer blades. The Pappelhiemer Rapier, or whatever it is, is passed over for the Falchion.

3. When you land in some of the older ports, Port Royale and Krajendilk, bigger ships docked spill over into the port.

Back