• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Logbook sounds like a lot of fun! Once you get something to post, could you put it on the ModDB too?
In addition to making a good blog, I think that'd make a good article series too.
Show those people why our game is fun to play! :razz

Captain Maggee, does that Kraken usage in the storyline work?
Quite nice, actually, that at least we do have ONE Kraken attack aready in the game.
Now just have to add some random ones and the DMC-story ones.
I think we could also put some random Kraken attacks on OTHER ships in the game.

It worked when I tested it before the tenticles was added, but I havnt played that part of the storyline since :no

I think it would be cool if in direct sail you encounter a ship by itself at sea and you see its under attack by a kraken :slap

actually, my logbook will probably look an awful lot like topgear in terms of writing. i've got more than enough material for now, and it'll also serve as a bugreport by the looks of it. am i pleased to say that i haven't had a single CTD or major glitch so far though, apart from the wierd slow-mo walking indoors.

Captain Boelen and Captain Maggee : French accent yes, from my AZERTY keyboard :keith
Rewritten dialog? why not but i'm not very skilled on programing

But I understand how works the dialogs' code, I will try to rewrite this ;)

Yep use dialogmerge to see who says what, to make sure you dont change old Jack Sparrow to being French.

Once your done send it to me via PM, looking forward to it :cheeky

If the Kraken attack worked before, it should still now.
With the tentacles, I only used different models and better placement.
But other than that, everything is still the same.

Other ships under attack by the Kraken should in theory work.
The code IS written to support that, though I never actually tested it.

Rewritten dialog? why not but i'm not very skilled on programing
No programming knowledge required to rewrite the dialog text itself.
Just need to know which file to edit, being PROGRAM\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\dialogs\ENGLISH\Captaine Chevalle_dialog.c
And Captain Maggee's DialogMerge idea is a good one; that's a useful program. :yes

actually, my logbook will probably look an awful lot like topgear in terms of writing. i've got more than enough material for now, and it'll also serve as a bugreport by the looks of it. am i pleased to say that i haven't had a single CTD or major glitch so far though, apart from the wierd slow-mo walking indoors.
Top Gear? LOL! :rofl
I'll be looking forward to it! :woot

Easier to edit with DialogMerge indeed (counting line each time will by dint of annoying xD), but before your post I already modified some dialogs :woot and I test a lot :gday
But the code character don't like to be both actor and officier :bow
And it is the prisoner that i attempt to re-write dialogs, not Captaine Chevalle :rolleyes:

If they are actor type they need to actually be doing dialog to talk otherwise they will just stand there :yes

Yes i agree
But after the dialog, he stands there...but by adding some functions he just follow me instead go fighting ahead (i only succeded that), if i go fighting so he will fight :rolleyes:
(Useful the LAi_ai folder lol)

Double-post : I can't edit the previous one

I already finished and i sent it by PM, but i've some bugs who can happens if reload a savegame from the beginning of the quest, not from the middle
The system and error log don't show me obviously where the bug come from...
I hope however that my little contribution would be appreciated... :eek:ops2

What prisoner? Konrad Kulczycki is supposed to be Polish...
(He's a Modder character from our forum ;) )

I wasn't sure anymore if you replaced KK or not. :facepalm

Not sure about sinking speed. Search the PROGRAM folder for "Halfman".
He's got some of the sinking code modified to have more variation in the animation.
If you can change the speed, the relevant code is probably near that.

Ok, thank you, for the kraken, i think it is very funny see it in all the storylines, in the encounters, like an enemy ship...

The Kraken doesn't work as a ship. The tentacles are generated around a pre-selected "victim" ship.

not sure if this has been reported or not but I've noticed that the french seem to be at war with everyone but the dutch,and yes i mean everyone,even themselves :? and fast travel in pionte a piere
seems broken, every time i try it dumps me out in front of where i was traveling from.

The relations of each nation changes in every storyline so you need to be more specific and also is there a message ("something is going to happen here") when you try to do the fast travel?

ok sorry,it's in the main storyline and i did the stormy start if that means anything.have yet to trigger the main quest yet and yeah it does say something is bout to happen but only if i try to fast travel while outside otherwise says nothing if i travel from inside a building.

Back