• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

not sure if this has been reported or not but I've noticed that the french seem to be at war with everyone but the dutch,and yes i mean everyone,even themselves
The French are at war with THEMSELVES? What do you mean by THAT???
What does the Nations Relations interface say?

For the Fast Travel thing, what quests are you involved in and at what point are you with them?

the nation interface says the French are at war with themselves,the English portages and Spanish
and friendly with the dutch.and for the fast travel thing not involved in any quests at all.
but i think i've had that problem before in previous builds in point a Pierre.

Maybe there is a quest that is started in Point a Pierre :shrug

As for the French, do you have random relations or anything on. Its totally bizzare :wacko:

Talking about forts sining their own shipd - I had Greenford fort sink the HMS Athena when I was trying get the Idol in the standard storyline - only happened once and I have had problems with this ever since - am currently redoing the quest and hopefully find the issue. Possibluy need to go back to a clean install.

Bridgetown fort is a cause for many bizarre (random) BUGS (I HATE RANDOM BUGS)!

Once it would shoot at me if there was a pirate ship in the vacinaty of Barbados no matter what flag I was flying :facepalm

I do like the idea of random relations, but I think that mod was never fully tested and fixed.
For one, it messes up storylines. For another, you could end up with everyone being friendly with each other.
Someone once reported that one too. France at war with itself is REALLY bizarre though.
No idea how the Random Relations could manage THAT one! :shock

I love random relations, keep it as it is since we can disable the option easily :p It's already off by default, grrr...

I am playing with Random relations and haven't experienced any problems. You can always use false flags to get into ports you need to on the quests and if that fails you can land at beach, go and see the governor and ask forgiveness or there are the diplomats to reset your relations for a fee.

Also there appears to be no tailor in Spreidghtstown after the English take it back.

I am playing the main quest off a clean install and I can confirm the following bugs I previously reported.

You cannot loot Virgil Boone.s corpse whether you kill him in the port or on his ship. In bothe cases you get the corpse loot screen, but all the items on the corpse are greyed out and not accessible.

Once again my spyglass stopped working but this time I know precisely where. It occurred approaching Le Grenade searching for Rhiems. I will careully note when it comes back.

Speightstown tailor thing is a LOOOONG-standing bug, I think.
Please post all bugs you find on the Bug Tracker.
That'll ensure your reports won't get lost to the ages. ;)

GRAYED OUT CORPSE LOOT SCREEN? I didn't even know that was POSSIBLE! :shock

I would like to raise the issue of the broken blades during meele. I think I mentioned this way back during the development of build 13. The issue is this. When an enemy's balde breaks during combat aboard ship he continues to fight with his fists and immediately begins knocking out every one within in reach until he his killed. Sometimes he knocks out as many as 3 people. This is just not right. Any fighting someone armed with a sword woud find it nearly impossible to land even one blow and would suffer extensive damage to hands and arms at a minimum. Sometimes on land wehn a blade breaks the guy runs away. That is the appprortiate outcome of a broken blade, not putting down two or three people wiht your bare hands.

This isn't a really big problem, just midly annoying, but I wonder as go forward if someone might give it some thought and try to address it.

I dont know much about the weapon code stuff Im afraid :(

However I can report that I have made it so the tailor is there once England take Stown back :cheeky
In fact he doesnt leave until England takes it back and then this line of code is executed which I have gotten rid of
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Guy Gilroy"), "Oxbay_HouseInsideR9", "sit1"); // NK 05-07-20

Back