• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

For you people's information, I can check my e-mail for free here aboard ze ship, but not the forum.
So if you want to tell me anything, ask me anything or otherwise want to get in touch with me,
I recommend you send an e-mail rather than a PM.
You're more than welcome to keep me "in the loop" on what's going on,
so feel free to drop me a message. :doff

Patch 1 is now released and is avaiable off our sever, still waiting for the ModDB page to authorise it though ;)

Feature List:
HTML:
- General:
. Rename HMS Indefatigable - fix by Novotny999
. Williamstead loading screen fixed - Pieter Boelen
. Allowing reloading with fists, shotgun and various other weapons - Pieter Boelen
. Missing sail textures re-added
. Steam Ships added to Vanderdecken shipyard
. Re-enable the animated background as intended in the TradeBook interface - Pieter Boelen
. "Pick-up gold" picture fixed - Pieter Boelen
. "Unique Ship" upgradeable now - Pieter Boelen
. "Block Damage" toggle removed
. DISPLAY_BATTLEINTERFACE set to false by default
. New promotion system - Aviator543 (Edited by Captain Maggee) (SEE README ON HOW TO ENABLE THIS)
- Storyline:
- Bartolomeu
. Cargo Holds work again - Snow White Sorrow
. Bartolomeu questline updated - Bartolomeu o' Portugues
. Bartolomeu questbook edited - Cap'n Cook
- Jack Sparrow
. Questbook files added
. Cutler Beckett on jetty fixed
. Thomas Tipman wrong dialog fixed
. Annamaria giving piece of map fixed
. Various Brin/Brock questfixes - by Talisman and Captain Maggee
. Various fixes to Jones quest - by Talisman and Captain Maggee
- Assassin
. Fixed PO_Caravel50 CTD
. Questbook files edited - Cap'n Cook
- Standard
. Talior is there!
. Silehard not talking fixed (again)

Download Link: Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 1
Installation Instructions: Here

Sorry guys I forgot a file which disables you being able to play old save games (you do need to start a new game)

Download attachment and place it in PROGRAM folder and allow to overwrite
View attachment globals.c

EDIT: THIS IS NOW NOT NEEDED IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE PATCH FROM CURRENT LINK

Hi all,

I'm back after a prolonged hiatus.... I recently bought CoaS at a yard sale and then re-installed Build Mod 14b1 after being disappointed with CoaS (great graphics, superior to Build Mod, at least on my card, but the game play is very hard, strange and buggy - at least for me). Anyhow, here's what I've seen so far in about 2 days worth of play on 14b1 - I haven't played the main quest line yet (I'm playing as Nathaniel Hawk) or many of the side quests. I'm basically playing as a trader and a pirate hunter at this point.

I've had several, seemingly random CTDs (engine.exe error). They seem to be related to specific ships (Improved Xebec, 44gun comes to mind). But those have gone away (for the most part ) after dumping that ship and doing a reinit (F11).

There are several problems I've seen so far:

1. Trade missions from store owners
- Any trade mission TO Alice Town is broken (no option to deliver cargo to store owner)
- Store owners will offer trade missions to Speighstown, even though you can't deliver (French occupation still on)

2. Rope texture on the large sea deck (when boarding or walking around on your own ship) is borked. Looks like an alpha channel problem - since it looks like the background is white instead of transparent. I didn't take a screen shot.

3. Still some random CTDs (engine.exe)

4. On my graphics card (an older nVidia 6200), there are some issue (sometimes) with the ocean water - there are "stripes" along the water and the detail isn't as good as it used to be for me (last version I played was 14a7). Also, occasionally (once or twice so far - at night), the water turns into a weird psychedelic looking color. Probably just my graphics card, but wanted to note it. Again, no screenshots. I think I recall that there is a setting somewhere that adjusts the water settings detail?

5. When looting chests while boarding and opening trade screens with merchants,. I get LOTS of music stutter / pauses. Again, may be my system, but this never happened with the older version I played.

Anyhow, very nice job on getting the beta out. Lots of new features I'm still playing with. Still my favorite pirate game of all time.

Kev

I have downloaded the patche and extracted it into the POTC game directory and overwritten every thing. Without loading global.c , I started the game and my save game played leading me to believe that the patch was not in the game then I went to Williamsport and landed and the loading screen was not fixed, so unless you have to start a new game to get the patch in the game, I must have done something wrong, any ideas? Thanks

All patches require a NEW GAME... I forgot to add the globals.c file which makes it so you cant continue your old save game :no

To Captain Maggee :

I quickly checked your Patch and it seems you forgot the Aguadilla video in the Bartolomeu video folder :facepalm

Oh crap :modding

I probably should have released a version for the modders to check first Im thinking now :(

EDIT: is it both video files (fort and just plain Aguadilla) or just one of them?

Yep :razz

Anyway, in 1 week or 2 you could upload a new version of your Patch named 1.1 for instance and including all the fixes. (just also need to remove the present version 1.0 from ModDBb and the forum, so as not to confuse the players)..

It's the video named Aguadilla. You also uploaded it in ModDB by the way. The video is only for the Bartolomeu Main Quest.

:gday

Ahoy crew,

I think I must have made an installation error. Two things Pieter fixed, the pick up gold picture and the Williamsport loading screen are not working in my game with the patch. Any ideas.

:shrug

I know what I did sorry guys it installs to a folder called Patch 1 you need to cut and paste the content out of there to the main directory, I will release the install again :facepalm

Thank you captain. I presume we get it from the link above, yes and do we still need the globals.c.?

:cheers

Back