• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Even in the latest version, no items are for sale from either street merchants or stores if you land at a beach. Only if you moor in port will you find items for sale. I've no idea how to fix this.

Even in the latest version, no items are for sale from either street merchants or stores if you land at a beach. Only if you moor in port will you find items for sale. I've no idea how to fix this.
Something with 'GiveItemToTrader' in PROGRAM\ITEMS\items_utilite.c, perhaps?

I'm not quite sure what that entry means. As far as I'm aware, no items are deliberately hidden somewhere for you to find.
Only a spyglass and some cobblestones sounds about right for that Evil Stormy Start.

Scratch that, I misread the quest book. It says the lifeboat should still be around somewhere, not the personal possessions.

So all item traders are completely without stock?

Yes, all traders on the island were completely without personal items. Random NPC's did have stuff to sell. I eventually decided to just simply go to the world map for a few days. When I went back to port after waiting a couple of days on the world map, the stores and stalls did start having a small amount of personal items. I'm positive I'm playing the most recent version of the mod.

What also struck me as weird is that the guy in Kralendijk Tavern that gives you the best sword in the game keeps having some dialogue option that im a pirate, even though my reputation is Matey, and if I'm not mistaken, neutral should suffice?

I'm positive I'm playing the most recent version of the mod.
If so, perhaps you might want to post here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update: 18 December 2018]

Or, for specific bugs, post a new thread in the Build Mod Bug Tracker section.

This here thread is for Beta 3, a now obsolete version of the mod which some people still use because the current version doesn't work on some older PC's.

What also struck me as weird is that the guy in Kralendijk Tavern that gives you the best sword in the game keeps having some dialogue option that im a pirate, even though my reputation is Matey, and if I'm not mistaken, neutral should suffice?
Depending on how up to date your version is - specifically, whether you've downloaded the Update Archive - the upper end of "Neutral" might suffice, or you might need to be "Matey". In any case, that just opens up options in your dialogue answers so that you can make Toff trust you enough to get to the quest. He still thinks you're a pirate, privateer or smuggler - he's upset about his missing daughter and not inclined to check whether you might be anything else. (Besides, if you are anything else then you're no use to him. A peaceful, honest merchant won't be able to take on the pirate who took his daughter, and Toff doesn't trust the governor so he might not trust a naval officer either.)

Besides, if you are anything else then you're no use to him. A peaceful, honest merchant won't be able to take on the pirate who took his daughter, and Toff doesn't trust the governor so he might not trust a naval officer either.
Is that a new limitation? It used to be only on reputation as far as I remember.

It's no limitation, just an explanation of why he always says "You! All of you! Pirates, corsairs, smugglers! You're all devils, the whole lot of you!" The only change to the dialog code is to change the reputation requirement. It used to be 50, which is midway between "Neutral" and "Bloke". In the update it's REPUTATION_GOOD, which is the lower limit for "Matey" and currently 65. You're not getting the quest just by telling half a dozen people to be careful with their purses any more!

Back