• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Build 14 Beta 4: To-Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to tackle the items on my To-Do List in the opening post this weekend.

Then shall we say.... another EXE on Sunday with all the latest stuff included?
So anyone who has anything to include, please upload your work by Saturday evening.

I'm planning to tackle the items on my To-Do List in the opening post this weekend.

Then shall we say.... another EXE on Sunday with all the latest stuff included?
So anyone who has anything to include, please upload your work by Saturday evening.
Hmm....could we upload it sunday round 6 PM or so instead? Then Ill probably be able to finish some more things.

By Monday I ought to have made enough progress on "Ardent" for it to be worth putting in the modpack. Still nowhere near finished but at least by then you ought to have something more to do than just get out of prison...

By Monday I ought to have made enough progress on "Ardent" for it to be worth putting in the modpack. Still nowhere near finished but at least by then you ought to have something more to do than just get out of prison...
Would you then want to have it enabled through the "Unfinished storylines" toggle? Or enabled all the time?
I think the toggle might be best for now, no?

Also, based on @Levis' and @Grey Roger's comments, I will extend the "deadline" for new stuff to be included to Monday 19:00 CET (=UTC+1).
So that gives you the entire weekend plus Monday afternoon and I'll compile the new installer EXE once I get back from work.
Does that sound OK?

Would you then want to have it enabled through the "Unfinished storylines" toggle? Or enabled all the time?
I think the toggle might be best for now, no?
Still nowhere near finished ...
;)

Presumably it's toggled at the moment? Or is it only available if you change the filename to lose the "_off"? Basically, I didn't want it included in the modpack at all before; once the next bit is done, it will be in a state where it can be included the way it is now.

Presumably it's toggled at the moment? Or is it only available if you change the filename to lose the "_off"?
At the moment you manually have to rename the file yourself, which of course nobody is going to do. ;)
The toggle in the Installer EXE could do that for the users, but at the moment it does not.

You indicated you don't want people to do anything with it yet, so I tried to honour that request.
I think the best then would be to keep everything as it is now, but DO allow the Installer EXE toggle to enable it for the next upload.

Also, based on @Levis' and @Grey Roger's comments, I will extend the "deadline" for new stuff to be included to Monday 19:00 CET (=UTC+1).
So that gives you the entire weekend plus Monday afternoon and I'll compile the new installer EXE once I get back from work.
Does that sound OK?
Mainly for @Levis and @Grey Roger a reminder that this evening I'll compile the new EXE.
So please have any updates to be included available by 19:00 Central European Time.

Due to illness I haven't been able to complete anything more. So please just take my latest zip in my topic

Opening post has been updated again. I marked a lot of items as "OPTIONAL" so if they don't get done soon, we'll just have to leave them out for the coming public release.
We are already yet another month later than we originally intended to be and we really can't afford to keep postponing the release forever.
At some point it needs to be DONE so that we can start afresh from a new WIP version.

Opening Post update again. After the weird things happening this weekend with the group relations we now got that fixed again also. Now it's time for the final sprint.
I've added 1 more thing for @Pieter Boelen and two more thigs for myself. Hopefully in the next week we can get the release out :D.

I should be able to tackle those two the next few days. Those are easy.
As long as no other nasty issues rear their ugly heads.....

My intention is to redo the huge archive on Thursday at the very latest.
So the more we can get done by then, the better if is.
ESPECIALLY big file inclusions.

I should be able to tackle those two the next few days. Those are easy.
As long as no other nasty issues rear their ugly heads.....

My intention is to redo the huge archive on Thursday at the very latest.
So the more we can get done by then, the better if is.
ESPECIALLY big file inclusions.
I will make sure the locator file for Cartegena is update before then. But I expect to be able to finish most of my stuff before thursday.
Are we aiming for a release on january 31?

I am aiming for an archive replacement on Thursday. Then I can take that with me on an external HD to upload it using the super speed Internet at my parents' house during the weekend.
After that, I would hope for a public release as soon as possible. Assuming no terrible stuff is found by then anymore.

So that is all the important stuff from my To-Do list done.
To my great regret, there are still all these obnoxious brand new crappy things going on.
Not sure I feel like diving into those after a hard day's work. :facepalm

Let's see what happens once @Levis manages to have a look at some stuff again as well.

I am beginning to fear the "big update" this weekend isn't going to work. There is still so much open on the To-Do list PLUS all these ugly bugs that have suddenly shown up on the Bug Tracker.
If anyone can help with looking into some of those so it doesn't all fall to me (because I really just want to see this DONE right now) or to @Levis (because he's got plenty of stuff still on his To-Do List), that would be very welcome.
@pedrwyth, @jsv and @everyone else who may be able to help.

I will take a look at the behaviour of payment for selling off ship upgrades as it's the only thing current that I have looked at at all before. However I first need to get the latest install and zip up and running.

I will take a look at the behaviour of payment for selling off ship upgrades as it's the only thing current that I have looked at at all before. However I first need to get the latest install and zip up and running.
Thanks very much. With a bit of luck, that one shouldn't be too complicated. There aren't a lot of separate files involved.
If you are checking that, could you check this one too?
Feature Request - Correct Financial Situation for Naval Officers | PiratesAhoy!
It is quite related because it also deals with ship prices.
That should definitely be an easy one too, but would be a nice improvement to the game again. :bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back