• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I remember in older versions there is a key to turn on/off the Sail-To. In this new version, I don't see that short-cut anymore. So we cannot turn off sail-to any more?

oi podemos tentar ajuda-los traduzi-lo para português amigo
I'm sure @Bartolomeu o Portugues would be grateful for that too!

Btw, I remember in older versions there is a key to turn on/off the Sail-To. In this new version, I don't see that short-cut anymore. So we cannot turn off sail-to any more?
Are you sure you mean "Sail-To"?
If so, you can set this to 1 at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define SAILTO_DISABLED                   0       // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea

I wonder though if perhaps you mean DirectSail instead?
If so, it's the regular zero-button on your keyboard.
You can toggle that at any time in mid-game.

Shouldn't the fight scene outside Marigot/Philipsburg be disabled when France and Holland are at peace? I went there in the Napoelonic period, with them as allies, and they were still killing each other there.

Shouldn't the fight scene outside Marigot/Philipsburg be disabled when France and Holland are at peace?
Yes.
I recall there was even code for that.
But I can't remember how or where that worked.
Might only be IF you storm one of the forts from the land side; and then give it to the other side.

On the other hand, quick look through the dialogs, the triggering of raids doesn't feature if-statements at all.

This doesn't pertain only to the Spanish translation so I'll post it here, in case anyone who better knows the inner workings of the game has anything to add:
There is this warning in the language settings menu: "If you want to load saved game, stored with other linguistic parameters, you'll need to switch to needed Language once again after loading."

As far as I can tell, that is not the case anymore. If you load a save stored with a different language, it will mostly work (some things may remain in the wrong language but not many). In fact, trying to switch language after loading a game like the warning advices to do, results in the game crashing. The warning should probably be rephrased to warn of that instead. Something like "Switching language can only be done immediately after launch, BEFORE loading or starting a game. Otherwise the game will crash to desktop."

Can someone confirm if Cutler Beckett ship works properly. I try to enter the deck from the shore, but the game crashes. Similar thing happens with Maelstrom.

It seems to be working fine for me on Storm 2.0.

Thanks, I guess it works. I had one crash when choosing the 3rd option in the cabin dialog and trying to go to deck from shore. But it happened only once.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
Sorry for the delay - I had a bit of technical trouble, but I'm now about ready to upload the next update.

If anyone has anything that they'd like to be included, please upload it soon!

Just a few fixes: a missing portrait, a missing COL-file and a small bugfix.

Attachments

• JRH files 21-10-22.7z
    320.7 KB · Views: 105
The September update is now available:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_28102021.zip

A lot of this update is thanks to @Homo eructus. As well as some major work on the Spanish translation, he's added a new historical playable character, Blas de Lezo.

Meanwhile, @GhostOfDeath91 has added some new custom sails as well as torn textures for existing ones, so that if you're afflicted with the Cortes curse while using custom sails, you'll see your own torn sails instead of generic white torn sails.

@Jacob has added a couple of supernatural characters for FreePlay, each with a unique sword.

And I've been visiting various taverns, getting drunk and fixing the various things that are supposed to happen when you find a drinking partner. After all that rum, I need to go and lie down for a bit, which reminds me - the brothel in Nevis Pirate Settlement is now fully operational.

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    36.7 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back