• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

. . . Build 14 Crash

Dancox92

Landlubber
:gday I was wondering if any of you fine fellows could help solve my problem.

I'm running windows 7 on an asus laptop, intergrated graphics, 2.00ghz dual core, 4gb ram.

I first had problems installing. After trial and error, and reading through other topics on this forum and several hours ;) . . i got it working. I then installed the build 14 full mod, with the patch 5. I've ran both the .Bat files, the game is installed in the directory C:\POTC\ i have execptions in my (DEP), i don't have ffdshow on my laptop. I also have swiftshader in the game directory (wasn't sure if i needed it?) :shrug

Heres my problem : I start the game, i chose the new horizons storyline, landed on the shore after the scary storm ;) (saved my game for good measure, and quit). I loaded the game up, loaded my save . . and it crashes instantly :modding

Much obliged for any help
Daniel

Integrated Graphics card? In that case, you WOULD need SwiftShader. Not good for performance, but it does help with allowing the game to run at all on such computers.
You might want to try installing the game without the modpack to check what happens, then install SwiftShader if the game crashes straight away to see if that helps.
For that purpose, get the standalone SwiftShader from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/swiftshader-v20-demo

Integrated Graphics card? In that case, you WOULD need SwiftShader. Not good for performance, but it does help with allowing the game to run at all on such computers.
You might want to try installing the game without the modpack to check what happens, then install SwiftShader if the game crashes straight away to see if that helps.
For that purpose, get the standalone SwiftShader from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/swiftshader-v20-demo

Thank you for the response.

I did a fresh install into C:\Games\POTC\, downloaded swiftshader from the link you supplied, copied it into the directory of my game . . . and it worked :onya
i started a new game, walked around the cabin, saved the game, quit. Loaded it up again no problems. Played abit more, saved and quit. Now when i load, i get a ctd straight away :modding

You never got off the ship to do the tutorial part? I'm wondering if saving it so soon might not be causing a problem.

You never got off the ship to do the tutorial part? I'm wondering if saving it so soon might not be causing a problem.

Highly possible, i will start a new game, and save it in the town of oxbay or something.
I have my error files if it helps :rolleyes:

Attachments

• compile.log
    722 bytes · Views: 97
  • system.log
    457 bytes · Views: 97
I personally don't see any reason why saving during the tutorial should be a problem. I vaguely remember doing that myself before. :shrug

Does the game crash right after a reload by any chance?

I personally don't see any reason why saving during the tutorial should be a problem. I vaguely remember doing that myself before. :shrug

Does the game crash right after a reload by any chance?

Yes it does, rather frustrating. I now decided to start a new games, as mentioned above but when it is loading the cabin tutorial it just ctd's!!

And that is without modpack and with SwiftShader? Do you have any access to a computer that doesn't have an Integrated Graphics Card?

And that is without modpack and with SwiftShader? Do you have any access to a computer that doesn't have an Integrated Graphics Card?

Yes, without the mod pack and with swiftshader. No i don't my brother has a laptop though, slightly different spec but intergrated graphics :shrug . Worth an install do you think?
Its annoying i used to run this on a dell dimension 4600, with integrated graphics no problem, it was great. :onya

You can always try. All I know is that the game hardly ever runs on Integrated Graphics Cards. :facepalm

Back