• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate, just in time for the weekend i guess it's time for me to start pirating again

Or

Working for the VOC again i'm Dutch myself so i gotta do what i gotta do, it's in my blood ;)

Cheers mate, just in time for the weekend i guess it's time for me to start pirating again

Or

Working for the VOC again i'm Dutch myself so i gotta do what i gotta do, it's in my blood ;)
OR both at the same time? Oh wait, that doesn't work... :whipa

BUT: You could get a Letter of Marque from the Dutch and a Merchant License from the Willemstad WIC Office.
Then you can be a Merchant/Privateer. And once you're tired of being honest, you can switch to piracy. And then try to get back into the Dutch's good graces again!
You could even test @Grey Roger's brand new feature by playing as an honest Merchant/Privateer, BUT also treating your prisoners exceptionally badly and see what happens. :cheeky

BUT: You could get a Letter of Marque from the Dutch and a Merchant License from the Willemstad WIC Office.
Then you can be a Merchant/Privateer.
You can also see the Willemstad governor's new house if you get the LoM there.
And once you're tired of being honest, you can switch to piracy. And then try to get back into the Dutch's good graces again!
You could even test @Grey Roger's brand new feature by playing as an honest Merchant/Privateer, BUT also treating your prisoners exceptionally badly and see what happens. :cheeky
That is indeed one way to switch to piracy...

Well i played a bit and i gotta say you guys have outdone yourselfes this has to be the most stable and issue free build yet.
I'm enjoying it alot don't know why i stopped playing the older version of the mod since it was still good but this seems like a big improvement on an already good build: build 14 beta 4 that i played last time but build 14 beta 4.1 is a big improvement.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, on behalf of all who have contributed to it. We've certainly been putting some effort into adding new things and stomping on old bugs, so it's good to know that it's paying off! :onya

We've not finished...

How about those crystal skulls? Do you remember anything about them?

Hi All,
The crystal skulls were originally supposed to be collected - three of each were supposed to be required, but it seemed that that only one blue (very rare) would be required. If you had a treasure quest to Turks - by the tree where you had to enter via a cave - there were three or four skeletons there to fight you - same at one of the beaches with the shipwreck. These skeletons were supposed to be immortal - but if you had the collection of skulls they would imediately die and you didn't have to fight your way through.

I think the code has changed a bit over time as you don't seem to need three of each anymore.

Hope this helps.

I don't recall seeing anything like that. But if you need a blue skull, someone in Santo Domingo can sell it to you...

Hi All,
The crystal skulls were originally supposed to be collected - three of each were supposed to be required, but it seemed that that only one blue (very rare) would be required. If you had a treasure quest to Turks - by the tree where you had to enter via a cave - there were three or four skeletons there to fight you - same at one of the beaches with the shipwreck. These skeletons were supposed to be immortal - but if you had the collection of skulls they would imediately die and you didn't have to fight your way through.

I think the code has changed a bit over time as you don't seem to need three of each anymore.

Hope this helps.
Really? I've got absolutely not the faintest memory about that!
I do remember there being skeletons, but I think they were deliberately killed so they'd lie around like corpses.

But we did do some "item turns immortal enemy mortal" stuff not that long ago.
So perhaps what you describe could actually be made to work.
If so, there should be something really cool hiding behind those immortal skeletons!

According to the game i got some sort of error and asked to Upload my Compile Log. here goes nothing.

Attachments

• compile.log
    29.2 KB · Views: 118
Someone defined a loanshark for Oranjestad, Aruba. He's supposed to live in a location called "Oranjestad_UsurerHouse". The problem is, there is no such location!

Normally that wouldn't be significant, it just means that you'll never meet him. But you're doing the opium quest, which generates a list of clients by randomly picking them from all characters in the game. On this occasion it randomly picked the Oranjestad loanshark. It probably won't break anything because the code which generates the client list appears to simply skip a client whose island can't be found, and try to find someone else instead.

To properly fix this, either someone needs to assign a place in Oranjestad to be the loanshark's home, or the Oranjestad loanshark's character definition needs to be commented out.

Normally that wouldn't be significant, it just means that you'll never meet him. But you're doing the opium quest, which generates a list of clients by randomly picking them from all characters in the game. On this occasion it randomly picked the Oranjestad loanshark. It probably won't break anything because the code which generates the client list appears to simply skip a client whose island can't be found, and try to find someone else instead.
I'm impressed the code is that clever!
And I'm impressed you somehow discovered this anyway.

To properly fix this, either someone needs to assign a place in Oranjestad to be the loanshark's home, or the Oranjestad loanshark's character definition needs to be commented out
Adding a new location is fairly simple.
Why not do that?

Discovering the problem was a simple matter of reading "compile.log", which says:
Code:
No island found for Oranjestad_UsurerHouse
A quick Windows search for "Oranjestad_UsurerHouse" shows it in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Usurers.c", "PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\fast_reload_table.c", and not in "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Aruba.c".

"compile.log" also showed that the error happened during quest case "Smugglers Opium Explain", which nailed it down to the opium quest.

As for adding the location, I'm a bit busy with other projects at the moment. Volunteer required... (Otherwise disabling "Oranjestad Usurer" until someone does add the location is even easier. :D)

Discovering the problem was a simple matter of reading "compile.log", which says:
Ah; useful!

A quick Windows search for "Oranjestad_UsurerHouse" shows it in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Usurers.c", "PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\fast_reload_table.c", and not in "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Aruba.c".
That's odd! It's like somebody went to a fair bit of effort to add it, but somehow the final piece of the puzzle is missing. o_O

"compile.log" also showed that the error happened during quest case "Smugglers Opium Explain", which nailed it down to the opium quest.
I can see how that might trigger it. That quest randomly decided which characters are opium addicts, choosing from ALL characters available in the game!
It's a pretty cool system, actually. Just sad that it is used to simulate people's poor life choices...

As for adding the location, I'm a bit busy with other projects at the moment. Volunteer required... (Otherwise disabling "Oranjestad Usurer" until someone does add the location is even easier. :D)
@Jack Rackham or @Bartolomeu o Portugues?

i have no idea how i found this bug because its not the first time ive played as Jean Lafitte but anyway :rofl
This one was completely random and could've happened in any storyline.

Always fun when I game itself tells you something went wrong!
It's an effective way for us to test stuff that could potentially go wrong, but only very rarely.

Ahoy Mates,

First let me say that I am playing the July 6 version and I think it is working extremely well. I have noticed of a couple of small issues while playing the free play game. The first and most bizarre is after dividing the plunder I noticed my relations had been reset including my relations with England. No one was hostile every one that had been hostile previously was either wary or neutral. This has only happened once in all the time I have been playing.

Second, during combat at sea, I boarded and took a Light Fluyt of War and swapped my ship with it. When I returned to sea the sails wouldn't respond to any command, and since I was in the midst of several enemy ships I really couldn't do any thing.

Third a question about blades. I always play stormy start and when I come to on the shore I am always equipped with some mediocre random blade. Some times it is a lower level blade but occasionally it is the French Admiralty blade which is one of the award blades. I have never started with any one of the award blades so I am curious about how this occurs, if any one knows.

The first and most bizarre is after dividing the plunder I noticed my relations had been reset including my relations with England. No one was hostile every one that had been hostile previously was either wary or neutral. This has only happened once in all the time I have been playing.
Big question: Did that happen because of dividing the plunder or did you just happen to notice it at the same time?
As far as I'm aware, dividing the plunder has nothing to do with nation relations. Maybe your Ship's Log has some details?
Also, could you upload a screenshot of your F2>Nations Relations screen?

Second, during combat at sea, I boarded and took a Light Fluyt of War and swapped my ship with it. When I returned to sea the sails wouldn't respond to any command, and since I was in the midst of several enemy ships I really couldn't do any thing.
Sometimes you have to furl the sails completely before anything works again.

However, there once was a bug where your ship would REALLY become unresponsive.
I thought I already fixed all instances where that could happen though! But maybe I'm wrong and it can still occur in very rare instances. :modding

Third a question about blades. I always play stormy start and when I come to on the shore I am always equipped with some mediocre random blade. Some times it is a lower level blade but occasionally it is the French Admiralty blade which is one of the award blades. I have never started with any one of the award blades so I am curious about how this occurs, if any one knows.
Someone would have to check in both_reaction.c, but I think for some variety, it selects a random blade from a range of blade numbers.
Probably the blade names and stats have changed since, so one of those blades happens to be excessively better than the others.

First sorry no screen shot am in a new game now. Unclear about the causal relationship. I will document if it ever occurs again sorry.

On blades where is the table of blade names and stats?

Thanks Pieter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back