• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be away for a few days. I had hoped to finish the stuff I was working on before but didn't manage it.
I brought the stuff in a state where you can test it and see how it looks.
You can download everything here:
Mod Release - Levis' new stuff v0.1 [Last Update: May 2nd 2019]
I haven't included the latest two files from @Grey Roger about the Fast Travel fix and the fix for silehard in this archive. so if you have these installed and what to keep them I suggest doing a winmerge with those files afterward.

I have noticed that sometimes I navigate on the map leaving an island until I reach another one very far, for example I leave Port Royal and arrive at Barbados and when entering the combat navigation I appear again in port Royal. (Pero no me mlesta tanto).

Are you sure that you have arrived at the island? If you're on the worldmap, the island icon should disappear when you're far enough away from Jamaica and won't reappear until you are near another island. If you are sailing directly without using the worldmap then you don't arrive at another island until you get the "Land Ho" message.

Anyone could tell me how to stop the parternship with Claire Larousse after finishing her quest? I thought there could be an option in the dialogues...
Another point. After the Larousse's quest, I tried to land in a shore from my ship deck (in Cuba if I remember) and I was reloaded in the lighthouse shore of Barbados:(
EDIT: I was playing the FreePlay mode when these things happened...
You certainly ought to be able to end the partnership. You're supposed to sail to Barbados and when you arrive near the island, you reload to the canyon. Assuming you don't try to quit the quest after killing the soldiers by the mine in the canyon, you go through Bridgetown and into the jungle, where you meet more soldiers and fight them. You're then supposed to walk to a shore where you're attacked by more soldiers, then your ships arrive and Claire wants to split the loot. If you agree the 50/50 split then she offers to join you permanently and if you refuse, she returns to San Juan tavern in case you change your mind later.

Or you can double-cross Claire. After the fight by the mine in the canyon, you can say that you don't want to continue with the quest, she gives you a chance to reconsider, otherwise you fight her. Or, after you've attacked the soldiers in the jungle, gone to the shore, fought the soldiers there, and Claire wants to split the loot, you can demand more of it or all of it, then fight her. I haven't tried playing through these branches so I don't know exactly what happens, but I believe it's supposed to end with you fighting Claire's ship.

I can't see anything involving Cuba. Indeed, I believe this quest may date back to old times, possibly even the stock game, when Cuba didn't exist in the game.

I can't see anything involving Cuba. Indeed, I believe this quest may date back to old times, possibly even the stock game, when Cuba didn't exist in the game.
It is definitely a stock game quest. It might be one of the unfinished and disabled ones, but for certain Cuba has no possible relation with it.

Ship deck reloads going to other islands sound like an issue with the "Visit Deck" mod.
Not sure how that could get triggered though. Probably difficult to debug.
With a bit of luck, perhaps it'll fix itself after a bit?

Hey guys,

Monk in Cozumel temple stole all my money. I killed him and his skeleton afterwards but didnt get my money back. Is there any way I could retireve it?
Also is it normal to access Cozumel temple from few different locations/Islands within a game?
Some skeletons inside the temple seem to be immortal. How do I kill them? Do I have to wait until the end of game to be able to kill those?
One more thing. I took over one of the frigates and decided to sell my 1st ship(heavy brig). It turned out it was sold together with my chest and weapon locker where I kept half of my things.
Shouldt those chests/lockers be transported automatically to your other ship when you sell your first ship?

There should not be a monk in Cozumel temple. Indians and mummies, yes; but I've no idea why a monk would be in there. There should not be any skeletons either. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Maltese Abbey, part of which does look like the temple but which is found on Barbados? You can certainly expect to find monks and skeletons there. As for the monk who robbed you, I suspect that the one you killed later was not the one who robbed you - if I read the code correctly, the thief runs away and disappears.

(There is also a temple on Hispaniola, but I don't think you can enter that one except in one storyline. If you do, you should find Indians and mummies again, not monks and skeletons.)

The full contents of the chest and weapons locker should indeed go with you when you switch to another ship. Certainly I've switched ships many times and the stuff in the chest and locker go into the new ship, otherwise I'd lose a lot of equipment on a regular basis!

I killed him and his skeleton afterwards but didnt get my money back. Is there any way I could retireve it?
No, there's not. The person who added that feature had a warped sense of humour... :wp

Some skeletons inside the temple seem to be immortal. How do I kill them? Do I have to wait until the end of game to be able to kill those?
Not sure now; either you can NEVER kill them, OR you can only kill them with the reward you get for the Church Protection sidequest.

Shouldt those chests/lockers be transported automatically to your other ship when you sell your first ship?
Those should remain when you swap ships, if I recall.
Maybe it depends on what cabin location model the ship uses?
Bit weird though...

As for the monk who robbed you, I suspect that the one you killed later was not the one who robbed you - if I read the code correctly, the thief runs away and disappears.
That's correct.

Are you sure that you have arrived at the island? If you're on the worldmap, the island icon should disappear when you're far enough away from Jamaica and won't reappear until you are near another island.

I was far enough from Jamaica on the world map. In fact it was already on the coasts of Barbados or Martinique or the other island north of Guadeloupe. It happened a couple of times but I did not give much importance. I only inform you so that you keep record.
What I thought happened was that the icon of Jamaica never disappeared and I confused it with that of the new island. I also did not hear Land Ho say and then I knew it had been that. The icon had to disappear to appear again near an island and it did not happen. I do not know if I was involved that I was navigating and passing several islands without going to the worldmap and I did it very close to the island of destination

That is most odd, especially if you were heading for Nevis (which is the island north of Guadeloupe). Between Jamaica and Nevis - or, for that matter, between Jamaica and Guadeloupe - you should have come within range of Hispaniola and Puerto Rico.

Do you have a savegame from when you were at Jamaica before sailing to Barbados? Or, if you have tried to sail to Barbados and are back at Jamaica, do you have a savegame? If so, I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Maltese Abbey
Okay so I realized that I am inside Maltese Abbey Crypt on Barbados. I got confused cause maps of Cozumel Temple turn out to be identical as Maltese Abbey Crypt. Im guessing maps of the Maltese Abbey Crypt dont exist?
I suspect that the one you killed later was not the one who robbed you - if I read the code correctly, the thief runs away and disappears.
It was the same monk. I managed to kill him with a musket shot as soon as he started running away. Possibly his dead body disappeared with all my money :( I loaded saved game so gonna run into him again soon I guess ;-)
The full contents of the chest and weapons locker should indeed go with you when you switch to another ship. Certainly I've switched ships many times and the stuff in the chest and locker go into the new ship, otherwise I'd lose a lot of equipment on a regular basis!
Basically what happened is I boarded enemy Frigate with my Heavy Brig. Won fight. Assigned officer to commander Frigate. I didnt swap ships yet. Went to Shipyard. Sold my Heavy Brig which was in my first slot. By then i though content of my lockers will be transported to my Frigate which was in the second slot but it didnt happen. All my items together with sold Heavy Brig disappeared. On top of that I was unable to take control of my Frigate which was still in second slot as the officer was still assigned to it. I had to buy some cheap boat from shipyard just to swap ships with my Frigate and take full control of it. Afterwards I sold cheap boat. Possibly there was better solution to it but it was late at night and I wasn't paying that much attention haha.

As for the Maltese Abbey Crypt I have noticed that when I dig for treasure chest there is like 30% chance that I will dig out some immortal skeleton attacking me or a bunch of Maltese Knights with Grandmaster storm the Crypt killing everything inside, including me.

Okay so I realized that I am inside Maltese Abbey Crypt on Barbados. I got confused cause maps of Cozumel Temple turn out to be identical as Maltese Abbey Crypt. Im guessing maps of the Maltese Abbey Crypt dont exist?
Indeed those don't exist. But indeed the location models are identical; we just (ab)used the original ones. :cheeky

As for the Maltese Abbey Crypt I have noticed that when I dig for treasure chest there is like 30% chance that I will dig out some immortal skeleton attacking me or a bunch of Maltese Knights with Grandmaster storm the Crypt killing everything inside, including me.
No risk, no rewards.

Can't remember if this gets better when you get higher skills.
It might do...

There are no specific maps of the Maltese Abbey Crypt, but as the layout is the same as the Cozumel temple, you can use the Cozumel temple map to find your way around.

Basically what happened is I boarded enemy Frigate with my Heavy Brig. Won fight. Assigned officer to commander Frigate. I didnt swap ships yet. Went to Shipyard. Sold my Heavy Brig which was in my first slot. By then i though content of my lockers will be transported to my Frigate which was in the second slot but it didnt happen.
That would explain it. Here's why...
Those should remain when you swap ships, if I recall.
Maybe it depends on what cabin location model the ship uses?
Normally it should not. The ship uses "Tutorial_Cabin", defined as "whichever cabin model goes with whichever ship you're using. (See also: Need Help - Gilbert Downing's Inquisition prison entry) So if you swap to another ship, the chest and locker should go with you.

But if you sell your own ship then you have no cabin, and that might very well wipe the chest and locker. So you're probably best to swap to the ship of your choice, then sell any ship you don't want to keep.

Normally it should not. The ship uses "Tutorial_Cabin", defined as "whichever cabin model goes with whichever ship you're using. (See also: Need Help - Gilbert Downing's Inquisition prison entry) So if you swap to another ship, the chest and locker should go with you.
Exactly; that's what I thought too. :onya

But if you sell your own ship then you have no cabin, and that might very well wipe the chest and locker. So you're probably best to swap to the ship of your choice, then sell any ship you don't want to keep.
That does sound plausible.

Thanks for replies.
Btw I managed to run into stealing monk again. Before interaction with him I had "2 000 000" coins. After quick talk "0" coins and after killing him in exactly the same fashion as I did first time I was only able to loot "2700" of his body so it left me around "1 999 300" short :) I managed to record it this time and will supply link to video below.

That is most odd, especially if you were heading for Nevis (which is the island north of Guadeloupe). Between Jamaica and Nevis - or, for that matter, between Jamaica and Guadeloupe - you should have come within range of Hispaniola and Puerto Rico.

Do you have a savegame from when you were at Jamaica before sailing to Barbados? Or, if you have tried to sail to Barbados and are back at Jamaica, do you have a savegame? If so, I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure out what is going on.

I will search between the saved games and try to repeat the same operation to see if it happens again and I will catch that bug.
Normally I do not give much importance to bugs in any game but now I will try to catch all bug and give it to you. I hope to get some trophy :ninja

Hurrah... Finally its running again :bounce

World map is little bigger than older one (maybe a am wrong).
Character is little slow when running.
Musket fire in one hand... which is little odd... like the idea they done in to each his own.
Can I add a replacement key with the default ones (specially for movement) ??
Is there a way to save before boarding??
There is a jumping bug. Sometimes its jumps to other location when entering battle mode on sea.

Musket fire in one hand... which is little odd... like the idea they done in to each his own.
Muskets not only fired in one hand they were carried on the hip like pistols. So what you see now is an attempt to improve it a little.

Could someone direct me please to post where luck is explained. My luck remains on 0 practically from the very beginning of the game. What is affected by luck within a game anyways? I ve noticed that its almost impossible for me to bribe guards or steal smth with Thieves knife.

Last edited:
Your "Luck", like all skills, should start at 1 as an absolute minimum. Perhaps it's the percentage towards the next level which remains at 0?

It affects stealth attempts, as you've found, and also affects your chances of opening a treasure chest and what you'll find in it. It affects treasure quests - the ones you get if you talk to a random walker who offers to sell you a map.

Gambling can raise it, though you only gain "Luck" if you win, which you won't do very often if your "Luck" is only 1! Opening treasure chests can also raise it, and you gain "Luck" if you fail, though you also take damage in the process. Some sidequests and storyline quests also reward you with boosts to "Luck".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back