• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you set the game resolution to match the resolution of your monitor, the game will look full screen. ;)

What resolution do you recommend?
I recommend the highest your monitor can display, as a general rule use your native resolution if you can, so in your case 1920X1080.

There may be a few cases when if you lower the resolution a bit and turn up the other settings you may get a better looking game, but the aspect ratio should always match.

I also use 1600x900 in more demanding games, there is quite a bit of a performance gain and that means I can get a better looking and better running game, since there is almost no difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 visually.

For example, I do this in the Witcher 2 and 3.

[QUOTE = "Jack Rackham, publicación: 576095, miembro: 2586"] Mi monitor está hecho para 1920 x 1080 pero creo que los íconos (en las esquinas) son demasiado pequeños, así que prefiero 1600 x 900. No puedo ver ninguna diferencia en calidad. [/ CITA]

It is true, with my resolution the letters and icons in the upper left are very small. I will have to try several resolutions to find the one I like

Although I have enough food and rum on the ship, something I am doing wrong because my crew having "high" morale riot several times on a trip, and the game gives me no choice but to kill them on deck, until I run out of crew Upon arrival at the destination. They also have enough weapons in the ship's locker. I don't know what I have to do to avoid riots
Abrir en el Traductor de Google

Enviar comentarios
Resultados web
TRADUCTOR de Cambridge | inglés español

About crew mutiny:
If it's a companion ship, check the reputation of the officer in command. If he is good ("Hero", "Dashing", "Matey" or "Bloke") and you are evil ("Horror of the High Seas", "Bloody Terror", "Swindler", "Rascal"); or if you are evil and he is good; then morale on his ship drops as he tries to incite a mutiny.

If it's your own ship, how much gold do you have? If you have more than 1,000,000 then the crew become envious and you should have a warning in your questbook. You need to sign articles. Press F2 to get the interfaces. Click on "Ship", then "Crew".

If you have signed articles then every 90 - 180 days, you need to visit a loanshark and divide the plunder. If it's been too long since you divided the plunder, crew morale will drop rapidly.

About getting married:
If you have a Letter of Marque and rise to high enough rank with your chosen nation, governors of that nation will introduce you to their nieces or daughters. You can propose marriage to those. Or you can just make conversation with them, eventually charming them, then you can have affairs with ladies in every port.

There are also a couple of storylines in which you can get married as part of the story. "Hornblower" and "Ardent" both include marriages, complete with wedding services in church.
Is it necessary to be a privateer for marriage? I say it because I chose free play and I am a navy officer
A navy office in FreePlay effectively has a built-in Letter of Marque as that is part of the mechanism for getting promotions. As with privateers, you will meet governors' female relatives when you reach high enough rank.

I appreciate the very complete and clear information. I am a marine officer and at the beginning of the game I appeared in Kingston with a ship type 4 (free play), I chose the look of Gregory Peck, that is why I am English and I have several officers on the ship. Now I don't remember the officer in charge, but I'll check. My character has a reputation as "neutral"

Olvidé decir que tengo poco dinero, porque lo gasto en comida, ron y reparaciones de barco, y por el momento solo abordo barcos piratas

Ship repairs can be expensive. You can instead buy lots of planks and sailcloth, then let your crew repair the ship. It takes longer. But you and your carpenter earn experience for doing it.

If you've chosen the Gregory Peck character then you're Commander Horatio Hornblower and you're in the British navy. Look for merchant ships belonging to enemy nations. They're easier to board than pirates and they'll have more cargo, so you'll make a lot more money for selling them. Pirate ships are tough and don't carry much cargo, so they're probably about the worst ships to attack early in the game!

If you're boarding pirate ships, you're probably losing a lot of crew during the boarding. That will drop morale. After any boarding, check your morale. There should be a button to give the crew money to improve their morale, though of course you need plenty of money to be able to give it to them!

If you're "neutral" then officer reputation should not matter. All officers, good or evil, work with "neutral". Likewise, regardless of whether you're good or evil, "neutral" officers are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back