• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to write this.
I have several new locations: 2 residences, 1 tavern, 3 forts and one armory. I'm ready to give them away. But due to the fact that I now have an extremely acute shortage of finances, I do not really want to give them just like that. If any of the creators of "New Horizons" is interesting - write me a personal personal message. Thank you.

I'm planning to release a new update this week. Anyone wanting their work included, please upload it in the next couple of days. That includes @Jack Rackham (final additions to "Woodes Rogers") and @Homo eructus (new translation text, if you want I can upload the newest versions of "common.ini" and "interface_strings.txt" as these include several new lines needing to be translated).

Sorry, I started a new job (covid means less kids per classroom so they need more teachers for the split groups) and am still getting used to having a schedule. I'll be even more inactive than usual for the forseeable future.

Sorry, I started a new job (covid means less kids per classroom so they need more teachers for the split groups) and am still getting used to having a schedule. I'll be even more inactive than usual for the forseeable future.
Really sorry about that.
Wish you (and the kids) the best of luck with it though! :cheers

That's reasonable - real life is always more important than modding a game! Good luck with the job. And thanks for your work on the translation so far. :cheers

This month's update is now available from the usual place:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates.zip

@pedrwyth has been busy! He's fixed various bugs, including some in the "Mysterious Plants" quest, as well as making stores' idea of contraband match everyone else's - no more cargo which can't be sold because the store thinks it's contraband, and can't be smuggled because the smugglers think it's legal. If you didn't like the idea of signing articles with your crew because you have to find a loanshark to divide the plunder, worry no more - just find your quartermaster on your ship's deck while the ship is moored, and he'll divide the plunder right there. And if you take a relic from one of those monks you sometimes see wandering about, you can now save game, provided you're in a church.

The Black Pearl from the stock game still lives in the mod, now known as "5th Rate Warship". This is nothing new. What's new is the appearance of the cannons on its deck, now improved by @The Nameless Pirate.

Female players - or to be more precise, players of female characters - may notice a difference when they visit a governor. You won't be introduced to the governor's niece or daughter, but to his nephew or son instead. Thanks to @Kara Korsan for that one.

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 135
Is there something wrong with the website? If I click the link for the new zip the page just makes a fast white flash and nothing more.
Same effect if I go to page 1 and try "download". :confused:

Is there something wrong with the website? If I click the link for the new zip the page just makes a fast white flash and nothing more.
Same effect if I go to page 1 and try "download". :confused:
Odd. I tried it just now and the Download screen pops up as I would expect...

When logging out from PiratesAhoy I get this message:
message.jpg

Ok, it worked when I changed from Firefox to Google chrome. :onya
It did work fine for me Google Chrome.

Does anyone else use Firefox and is having the same problem?

Thanks, though on ModDB it shows up as "post_25May_updates.5.zip". Some anti-virus software might take exception to the double extension.
When I update the file ModDB ads this number at the end of the file's name.

Edit: I don't see any way to rename the file either. :unsure

Does anyone else use Firefox and is having the same problem?
I'm on Firefox too.

When I update the file ModDB ads this number at the end of the file's name.

Edit: I don't see any way to rename the file either. :unsure
I think this is because a file was uploaded before with the exact same name.

Maybe consider adding the update date to the ZIP file name too?

I think this is because a file was uploaded before with the exact same name.

Maybe consider adding the update date to the ZIP file name too?
Unfortunately this way I will lose the ability to upload it from a URL.
Though now that I have faster internet it should not be such a big issue.

Ahoy! I have downloaded and and installed the latest (Oct 8) update. The game won't start in Free Play, and after non start, when I try to start a new game, I get the runtime error. Also when I tried to configure the game I got and error message that said, Engine.ini or options file missed.
+

Why? Just rename it on the FTP server. ;)
If it is no problem with anyone else then sure. :yes

Ahoy! I have downloaded and and installed the latest (Oct 8) update. The game won't start in Free Play, and after non start, when I try to start a new game, I get the runtime error. Also when I tried to configure the game I got and error message that said, Engine.ini or options file missed.
+
I am going to check this out tommorow then.

Could you please upload the Compile.log and error.log?
It really helps when someone wants to find what is going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back