• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
About my previous post, the first time i uploaded the file, it seems the file had a problem because of the name of this file or something like that. I've had to reupload it two minutes after. Just want to inform, now the file has no problem.

"Bartolomeu" is set in the "Spanish Main" period. Everywhere else, I've replaced the stock "pistol1" with the new "pistol1a", which is a different short pistol more appropriate to the earlier periods - the stock "pistol1" is a Queen Anne type which wasn't around that early. Do you want me to do the same for the characters in "Bartolomeu"? (And, for that matter, in "Assassin"?)
On the left, "pistol1". On the right, "pistol1a" (copied from AoP, resized and retextured so it doesn't look identical to one of the "Woodes Rogers" pistols).

Ahoy there @capn crunch and welcome back! :woot

I think some of your code is still in the mod somewhere.
I remember running across it occasionally. :cheeky

This is so much fun! Been putting a few hours into total piracy as Jack Sparrow.
I did mess something up, I accidentally entered tortuga with a dutch flag. Sailed away, then changed to a pirate flag, but I got still fired on.
I'm gonna try to use the console to reset my relation with Tortuga, maybe there's a `setRelation` method somewhere.

That is correct; if the fort once sees you under a hostile flag, it remembers you and will not be fooled by a false flag.

You could try joining the Pirate Brotherhood by talking to the boss pirate in Nevis Pirate settlement. Then you're a genuine pirate and your pirate flag isn't false any more.

Or get another ship and sell you existing one. (Or berth your current ship, if it's one you want to keep.) If you return to Tortuga under a pirate flag and don't have the ship it remembers, it won't recognise you.

Is there a way to "fix" tortuga? I'm playing as Jack Sparrow but trying to do free play. Tortuga seems kinda broken though, can't fast travel or anything like that. I assume there's some sort of quest going on that I need to complete OR I need to deactivate that quest somehow.

Last edited:
I wonder about those Tortuga fort relations now.
Most nations allow you to pay some money at the governor to trigger "resetallforts" through dialog, but I'm not sure that is possible for the Pirates.
Should something be done about that?

Indeed joining the Brotherhood would help too, of course.

In general, I believe the governor of Turks Island should function as a pirate governor - he's defined in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Turks.c" as "Dante Siciliano" and has the usual 'ch.Dialog.Filename.GroupDialog = "governor.c";' line which gives him all standard governor functions, including resetting forts. But in the "Jack Sparrow" storyline, at least if you follow the "Brotherhood" path, he's replaced by Nathan Kell when the Brotherhood move into Turks Island. Nathan Kell switches to using dialog file "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog.c", which is the same specific dialog file that is also used by "Dante Siciliano". But Nathan Kell does not have that "GroupDialog" line, either by default or when he becomes governor of Turks Island. I'll maybe add such a line at case "Turks_taken_by_brotherhood", and hope it doesn't cause Nathan Kell to do silly things...

Anyway, if you're playing the "Jack Sparrow" storyline then you're going to want to sign up with the Brotherhood regardless of whether you've annoyed the fort. Several Sparrow-specific sidequests only activate if you're in the Brotherhood.

In general, I believe the governor of Turks Island should function as a pirate governor - he's defined in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Turks.c" as "Dante Siciliano" and has the usual 'ch.Dialog.Filename.GroupDialog = "governor.c";' line which gives him all standard governor functions, including resetting forts.
Brilliant! Thanks for confirming; I couldn't remember. :doff

But in the "Jack Sparrow" storyline, at least if you follow the "Brotherhood" path, he's replaced by Nathan Kell when the Brotherhood move into Turks Island. Nathan Kell switches to using dialog file "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog.c", which is the same specific dialog file that is also used by "Dante Siciliano". But Nathan Kell does not have that "GroupDialog" line, either by default or when he becomes governor of Turks Island. I'll maybe add such a line at case "Turks_taken_by_brotherhood", and hope it doesn't cause Nathan Kell to do silly things...
That does sound like a worthy fix. :onya

Anyway, if you're playing the "Jack Sparrow" storyline then you're going to want to sign up with the Brotherhood regardless of whether you've annoyed the fort. Several Sparrow-specific sidequests only activate if you're in the Brotherhood.
Very true and fair point.

I started a new Jack Sparrow quest but when I go to the plantation, the guy that was supposed to be in the house isn't there.
I got to here: Legend of Jack Sparrow - Brotherhood-Mings Story | PiratesAhoy!

But Gibbs only says "...", I don't get the option of him staying on land or following me, he just comes along.

Code:
Sail to Anse Casse-Bois - on shore Mr Gibbs talks to you (2 choices)

Gibbs to stay with ship

OR

Gibbs to come inland with you (see below)

i was checking the fixes.txt file today and i found new "bladeC36" katana - JRH 10/2/17
if there really is a katana in the game,where can i find it ?

In most storylines, including FreePlay, there is only one way you're going to see the katana, and that's if you play the "Strange Things Going On in the Archipelago" sidequest.

If you play "Hoist the Colours", you may also see Sao Feng carrying one. I do not recommend trying to steal it. :D (Sao Feng's bodyguards also have katanas, if you play their sidequest.)

Been some time till I wrote last time. I hope you re all doing fine. I'm trying to install the latest beta but it seems I cant make it. I'm choosing a storyline and game crashes. I reinstalled but nothing really happened. Can someone give me a hint?

Can you post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists, from after the game crashes?

System
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program