• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I had to open the game to check and the melee @ 5-5 is pretty good in spite of having just started a new game.
Melee 5 should be reasonable enough. If you play a storyline, you'll need to work to earn such a high skill! The back-bladed sword is also a fairly decent one, and is what you'll find lying around in Port Royale dungeon. With those, you ought to be able to survive combat reasonably well.

Do you have any of the melee abilities? You should at the very least have "Basic Defence".

You can also try to get some armour. At level 5, the best you'll get is a leather cuirass. (Or a cheap metal cuirass, but although that gives a bit better protection, it also drops your Melee skill by 1, which is why I never use it.)

Hi Grey, Yes I have basic defence as well as the Leather armour (I know this game), and tried the dungeon, not only did I die (again) my bosun died as well.
Just to clear up if the game loading went a tad awry, I deleted the game and reloaded a new one from the latest Mod, Build 14 May18th. (again) but this time left out the post game Mod [Post 25May updates] to see if that was what broke the Moonwalk.
Exactly the same result, altering sidestep in Programs doesn't change anything you can't slide sideways.
I die. I die.
'The worst is death, and death will have his day' (King Richard 11).
He certainly does with me...
Regards

Just to clear up if the game loading went a tad awry, I deleted the game and reloaded a new one from the latest Mod, Build 14 May18th
Where did that come from? The latest version of the installer, linked from post #1 of this thread, is dated 25th May. Another version went out on 21st May but contained some errors, which is why it was quickly replaced by the 25th May version. Before 21st May, the latest installer officially available was dated 31st August 2017, with its own update collection bringing it up to May 2018.

Can you upload your savegame? Then I can see if it will load into my game, and if so, whether the sidestep keys still work with your save on my system.

Question about the weapon's locker, since I went through the tutorial again:

Malcolm mentions that it gets also filled with weapons after combat.

Does that mean that I'll automatically get all weapons I salvage from boarding and they will get stored in the locker? Or do I still have to manually loot all enemies?

If I recall, only weapons carried by your crew after boarding gets returned to the locker.
If you want to have it all, I think looting is still necessary.

Is it possible to add revolvers to the Napoleonic period, which would basically work like six-barreled guns with faster reload, higher accuracy and higher damage? Though they would require an own ammo-type.

Is it possible to add revolvers to the Napoleonic period, which would basically work like six-barreled guns with faster reload, higher accuracy and higher damage? Though they would require an own ammo-type.
It's certainly possible, but it would be a bit historically inaccurate.

@Jack Rackham, is your already-added revolver initialized in ALL storylines?
If so, @GAZ Vodnik could get it through the console.

No but it can of course be moved very easy in initItems.c
The ammotype is already ready.
Also the ammo "cartridges" have to be moved a little.

If you just want to try it maybe it's easiest to prepare the console with revolver + cartridges and
then start the GoldBug and fire at poor Jupiter.

The "Goldbug" story is an exception. Technically the "Napoleonic" period extends to 1850 and beyond - as far as PoTC is concerned, today is "Napoleonic" period! But most people regard "Napoleonic" as a bit earlier. If this revolver were generally available in "Napoleonic" then you'd see it in 1800, which is certainly inaccurate. Horatio Hornblower would regard a percussion revolver as science-fiction. ;)

No but it can of course be moved very easy in initItems.c
The ammotype is already ready.
Also the ammo "cartridges" have to be moved a little.
What if you move the initialization code for those to a separate section that can be toggled with an extra option?
Then @GAZ Vodnik could switch it on for himself.

Alternatively, what if it is automatically enabled only if you set the starting year to 1850?

Now things get complicated. The revolver is initiated as a quest gun without any period limits.
Same for the cartridges.
I think it's best to leave it as it is.

Yes, it's about time I put out a new zip. Please upload anything you want included.

The new version of the update archive is out, in the usual place:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates.zip

Major new stuff includes:
  • New EITC soldier models from @GhostOfDeath91 which you'll see if you try to rob a street trader, as they now replace the navy officer clones who used to appear;
  • Tweaks to the dialogs for captured captains and prisoners in the hold mean that in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", if you bring Silehard in alive, the replacement governor gives you a big reward. He was always supposed to do that but it never worked before.
  • Also in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", the epilogue is rewritten a bit so that visiting the new governor to report Silehard, and taking Clement Aurentius home to his lighthouse, are no longer linked. You can do them in any order.
@Jack Rackham: if you can detail what is fixed in "Woodes Rogers" and "GoldBug", I can add that to "fixes.txt".

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 140
Major new stuff includes:
  • New EITC soldier models from @GhostOfDeath91 which you'll see if you try to rob a street trader, as they now replace the navy officer clones who used to appear;
  • Tweaks to the dialogs for captured captains and prisoners in the hold mean that in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", if you bring Silehard in alive, the replacement governor gives you a big reward. He was always supposed to do that but it never worked before.
  • Also in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", the epilogue is rewritten a bit so that visiting the new governor to report Silehard, and taking Clement Aurentius home to his lighthouse, are no longer linked. You can do them in any order.
Those sound like some pretty nice improvements!
Especially fixing something that was always supposed to work, but didn't, is pretty awesome. :woot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back